1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

So Trump is the nominee, huh? Well, guess I better find out how to live up to my pledge.

Remember my promise that if Trump were the nominee, I would: A) vote for Herself (assuming she's the nominee); and B) donate to Herself's campaign. While I am still willing to live up to that pledge, I wonder if perhaps a more dramatic act might be more appropriate. I will leave it up to my favorite (in all seriousness) dyed-in-the-wool lefties to decide. So, @cranberry and @Amy ...

$100 to Herself's coffers ... or $100 to Alan Grayson's?

Which would better speak to my disgust at Trump being the nominee?

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

God, I don't get having the house band that plays on every deck at Cleveland bar in the summer.

3. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Democrats won't bother with a roll-call, or Vermont will go out of turn and pull a 2008 moment.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
  4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

But isn't the end of the roll call good TV? That's the moment it becomes official. Why not time it to have the roll call end at 8:05 or so? Just seems odd to me.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Alaska. You just stopped down the convention in prime time for some anal horseshit.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I never argued that it wasn't plagiarism. I said it is irrelevant.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Let him go. It's a compliment. If the entire point I made on Braun hadn't sailed over his head, he would realize that.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

"Some people who disagree with me are hypocritical!" remains a bugaboo with an irresistible grip on small minds.

Double Down and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Voting for Trump doesn't embarrass me.

OOPBot supporting me? That's tough.

10. YankeeFan

LOL. You've really latched onto this as a winning argument.

But, at least in this case, it's not so much the hypocrisy that bothers me, but the misrepresentation of the events.

I don't care that he plagiarized the lines. Let's just not pretend that he didn't.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

OK. But do you not understand that it's hilarious that Team Trump plagiarized terrorist broccoli pusher Moose-shelle?

12. YankeeFan

Haven't I admitted this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.