1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Trump Jr. had the crowd cheering with him until he said his father will close tax loopholes for the wealthy. That one was met with crickets.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
  2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I disagree with him and I damn sure don't want his father elected, but Trump Jr. has a genuine talent for this. That's the first time in two days I've seen anyone put forward an affirmative, fact-based case for the GOP nominee.

RickStain likes this.
  3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I don't wade into this cesspool often other than to make sure none of you have admitted to capital murder. And I'm a semi-casual observer of this stuff, but that speech was pretty good and caught my attention. Carry on.

Vombatus and Inky_Wretch like this.
  4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Sounded like a vapid idiot who hasn't had to work for a damn thing in his life.

LongTimeListener likes this.
  5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Gotta love the old people trying to rip the "No Racism, No Hate" banner out of the protestor's hands. "By God, we can't have any of that at this here convention!"

Also, I'm pretty sure I've never heard a convention speaker declare the opposing candidate a devil worshiper by proxy before.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Agreed. Really don't know what these guys are seeing. (The folks on TV I can understand, because they're going to have to crotch-nuzzle him.) But, opinions, yada yada.

7. LongTimeListener

Don't vote Lucifer!

A hard-hitting message for sure.

8. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I especially enjoyed Ben Carson passing on the message from God to vote for Trump.

9. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Your response surprises me.

old_tony likes this.
  10. LongTimeListener

Not often you hear a Muslim asking everyone to pray to God and avoiding all mention of Allah.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.