1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Here is a quick explanation of why you're full of shit here: Obama has admitted he should have credited Dev. He said as much in a fucking presser. Yanno, because that is what you do when people are like "Hey, you might have screwed up here?" Hey, maybe I did. But man, it was a friend who suggested I use it, and I wish I had attributed it to him.

Instead of accountability here, we have a pathetic denial and a frantic googling of My Little Pony lines as defense. This party of personal responsibility, this coalition of hard working real folk (no subgroups, plz), this collection of Conservatives who RAGED when Obama suggested "you didn't build that," would rather resort to "you did it first. And he won't lose vote so who cares?"

What courage! Here I was thinking "yanno, as a liberal, I don't have personal integrity, but at least that trade off comes with free stuff. I can just take others hard work and pass it off as my own, and know that conservatives will always have the moral high ground."

But now, I'm perplexed.

Sad!

Let's try this again.

Double Down: Hey Yankee Fan, what do you think about this lazy plagiarism?

Yankee: (Deep sigh) It's a pathetic fuck up by a disgraceful campaign. I can't defend this horseshit anymore. Jesus, what a mess. I'm going to vote for him, reluctantly, but his racism, his narcissism, his laziness, none of this represent real conservative values. He is a fraud and a disgrace to actual small business owners like me. I'm hopeful we'll have a better candidate in four years.

Instead we get: Liberals do it too, so ... doesn't count! HYPOCRITIES!

Iron_chet, Lugnuts, dixiehack and 8 others like this.
  2. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Is there going to be a policy debate by the candidates during the campaign, or is it just going to be a social media war where one side calls the other stupid? At least some of the House and Senate races have some policy debate thus far.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I said all of that.

I only weighed in on the Obama/Patrick issue after you -- and others -- tried to dismiss it as something other than plagiarism, and something that had long ago been proven and acknowledged as something other than plagiarism.

5. Double Down

Ah no, you said the cribbing of this speech was NO DIFFERENT than the writing of any old political speech. Which is why you got the OOP Crown. We'll see if you have to wear it for more than a day.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'm amused by the commentators opining that Trump will begin to actually provide some concrete plans to the crowd Thursday night.

He's gotten this far without doing it. Why on earth would he start now? No, it's going to be another two nights of pointing fingers and blame.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

No. I said that in response to Dick asking if everyone who used a speechwriter was a plagiarist.

8. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

It's only fair that we all get to share in the benefits of Clintonian relativism.

old_tony likes this.
  9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

The problem for "Clinton's vastly superior ground game" is that no matter how good the blockers are, they keep handing the ball to a running back with no legs. It's a passing league now.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  10. Double Down

No! To plagiarize Cameron Crowe from Jerry MaGuire, you don't know what it's like to defend the Clintons. It is an up-at-dawn, pride-swallowing siege that I will never fully tell you about. You are not allowed to reap the benefits without the shame.

YankeeFan and Mr. Sunshine like this.
  11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Being a hateful asshole has always been OK as long as the hateful asshole has a D behind his name. Just look at this place.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  12. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Good job attributing that, DD. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.