1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

THE BEST PEOPLE!

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

But sometimes people who have nothing to do with a campaign do awful things, so it is ok for direct Trump campaign advisers to advocate the suspension of rule of law in favor of summary execution of a political opponent.

What in the actual fuck is wrong with anyone who could support this campaign.

4. TigerVols

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Its a legitimate, professional-sounding apology. I don't even like trump, can we now move on?

6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Melania Trump -- Speechwriter Falls on Sword ... Trump Rejects Resignation

Melania Trump's speechwriter is stepping forward to take the blame for plagiarizing Michelle Obama's 2008 speech.

Meredith McIver says the almost word-for-word lifting happened after Melania gave her passages, over the phone, from Michelle's speech. McIver says she "wrote them down and later included some of the phrasing in the draft that ultimately became the final speech."

As we first reported on Tuesday's "TMZ Live" ... Melania likes the First Lady and had watched some of her speeches for inspiration prior to her own speech in Cleveland.

Indeed, McIver says that's exactly what happened, but the mistake occurred because, "I did not check Mrs. Obama's speeches. This was my mistake, and I feel terrible for the chaos I have caused Melania and the Trumps, as well as to Mrs. Obama. No harm was meant."

McIver has been a co-author on several of Donald Trump's books. She says she attempted to resign on Tuesday, but Donald told her people make "innocent mistakes" and said she could learn and grow from the experience.​

If this speechwriter had been a guy, you can bet he'd have been shitcanned for this. But now Trump can look magnanimous, which is a win for him.

FWIW, TyWebb, her tits are real and they're fantastic

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

And he managed to keep the overtly racist, fascist convention themes out of the news for a couple of days while we argued over the technical definitions of plagiarism. Well done.

Songbird likes this.
  8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

When the LA Times does a feature on your ex:

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Nobody much even argues that he's not a fascist racist anymore.

11. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Trump is good enough if he has an R behind his name.

12. TigerVols

Who was arguing? Just because some Republicans were making demonstrably, laughably bullshit claims hardly means anyone was buying them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.