1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It's an interesting and difficult decision for the Clinton campaign. Trump a prevaricator. That is his whole being. Clinton is a politician, no more or less than any other McConnell, Christie, Pelosi and Reid. She shades the truth but in no way is she in reality a bold liar like Trump.
    But her reputation is at least as bad as his.
    Journalists give TGrump a huge pass. Either it's THe Donald being The Donald, or he was just a business man so the truth is not nearly as important or scrutinized.

Clinton can either stay above, take the hits, go to the four corners, play prevent defense, put out policy papers and let others marginally attack Trump, or

She goes full throated retort for retort. Never back down. Never admit a mistake. Double Down on every statement and go deep, often with long bombs.

I am not professional enough to devise a plan that incorporates both plans

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Trump lies, lies and repeats his lies just for kicks. At least you have to subpoena Hillary to force her to equivocate.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Did you just namedrop Double Down?

Double Down likes this.
  4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Clinton's campaign staff is doing about a good a job as possible with it. They attack when there's lulls in the news and get out of the way when he's shooting himself in the foot.

6. RickStain

And he lies about the dumbest shit that doesn't in any way need to be lied about. He was bragging about picking Cleveland as the site for the convention earlier this week, despite it being selected by establishment party officials long before he even began campaigning. I think he just gets off on being able to lie so brazenly.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

You know Trump is going to hijack the Dem Convention. And you know that CNN and Fox are going to play along. Fox is going to bolster Trump and CNN is going to cover him like MacArthur returning from Korea.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

CNN. LOL.

Batman, Mr. Sunshine and RickStain like this.
  9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Now I'm excited!!

10. RickStain

I gotta admit, having your name on a plane like that is pretty badass.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I wonder why he hasn't repainted his plane to showcase the Trump for President logo?

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.