1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

So he's kicking ass. Thanks, Captain Obvious.

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Ted Cruz using his Asshole Powers for the good of Ted Cruz, but also for, potentially, the good of the country, is the most conflicted I've ever felt about a politician, I think.

3. Double Down

Let's say, for a minute, that Cruz had gone a little further and attacked Trump. Criticized him. Pulled the ultimate hell move.

Would Ted and Heidi Cruz have been able to leave the convention hall without injury? I don't think so. I think some anger would have erupted and turned into a riot. That, to me, touches on what Alma was saying. Lot of reports about how scary it was in the hall when Cruz started getting booed.

4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I think this was Cruz's blaze of glory. He won't be a factor in four years.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It puts President Cruz seriously on the table for 2020. I would call that more pushing the problem back than being for the good of the country.

6. Mr. Sunshine

Democrats like to riot -- and predict/hope for Republican riots. You've still got one night to get your wish.

7. Mr. Sunshine

Cruz would have less chance to win then than Trump does now.

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

You may want to notice who the other party selected.

9. Double Down

Maybe. But way too much can happen over the next 3 years. Everyone — even really smart people — put way too much stock into what happens at conventions in terms of shaping future political stars. Yes, it happend with Sen. Obama, but I remember Charlie Pierce writing about how Chris Christie had assured himself as the frontrunner after a killer speech.

Cruz did what he did for Cruz. I still don't think he has any chance of being president. Even Trump has some charm. Alberta Ted is just a dick. I don't see that ever connecting with 50.1 percent of the voters.

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Should Bernie refuse to endorse Clinton, he'd be the all-time villain of the Democratic Party. He's already pretty damn close, considering he adopted the party for the specific purpose of running and dogged Clinton for months with phony charges of voter fraud, and essentially allowed a legion of millennial asswipes (mostly white) to claim eminent domain over a party they barely knew before his entry into the race.

Neutral Corner and Double Down like this.
  11. Mr. Sunshine

Bernie is a fraud?

12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Republicans like to riot, too. They just riot for good reasons, like when their favorite team wins a championship.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.