1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

We fight our battles with ideas in my house.

2. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

If you don't check your e mail you'll miss gems like this one:

If you’ve been watching the RNC this week, you might assume the goal of the GOP is to metaphorically (or literally) burn Hillary at the stake.

I heard chants of “Lock her up!” and “Guilty!” -- egged on by vicious speakers.

They’ve called her “a piece of garbage,” said she should be “in stripes,” and that she should exchange her pantsuits for jumpsuits.

Ben Carson accused Hillary -- with a straight face -- of being connected to Lucifer. Yes, Satan himself.

And yesterday morning, one of Trump’s advisors called for Hillary to be “put in the firing line and shot for treason.”

We’re not up against a typical Republican opponent. As of the third day of their convention, their only proposal for helping Americans seems to involve calling for Hillary to be literally murdered.

This is not a normal contest, and no one is playing by the normal rules. Trump, his surrogates, and his campaign have abandoned the norms of civilized democratic competition and gone completely, gleefully rogue.Thank you for standing with us in 2015. If we don’t keep Trump out of the White House, everything we care about -- diversity, inclusion, acceptance -- will go up in smoke. Chip in $5 to keep that from happening:

old_tony and Mr. Sunshine like this.
  3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Oh for the love of....

Where's the dislike button ???!!!

4. Lugnuts

And that's not their fault !

Poor kids.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

He should read Liberal Facism next.

6. Lugnuts

Nah...

And I don't think anyone has spoken to the peeps who said "it wasn't plagiarism, it's common phrases" since the speechwriter said that yes indeedy the phrases were lifted from Michelle Obama.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Also waiting for Paul Manafort to explain exactly where the NYT misquoted Trump now that the transcript is out.

Inky_Wretch and Lugnuts like this.
  8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Post Twitter link, thanks.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I love the idea of publishing full transcripts. I hope they do more of this.

10. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I think it's just a one-week thing.

YankeeFan likes this.
  11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Mr. Sunshine and YankeeFan like this.
  12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Gotta think they'd have cut off the mic if he had started to criticize.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.