1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

"Lock him up! Lock him up!"

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

It baffles me how little candidates use their convention as an opportunity to appeal to a wider national audience, instead of the groups they've already locked up. What does Hillary stand to gain from that lineup of speakers? Does she really think she needs to shore up her support from far left feminist America? Is Lena Dunham more likely to attract new voters or repel moderates on the fence?

Jesus Christ, you're being given four nights of invaluable free prime time network TV coverage. Use it to go after the voters you need, not the ones you're already guaranteed.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

But it is a representative look.
    Republican voters support a ban on Muslims entering the country. Their nominee has not repudiated an advisor's suggestion that all Muslims residing in the US should have to pass a test to remain in the country. Their party's nominee has not repudiated the support of overt bigots. Their party's official Twitter crawl in the arena included a shout out to a racist website.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I guess the idea is that it fires up the "Girls" viewers who will then be more likely to go out and knock on doors for her or talk HRC up to their friends. I guess.

6. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

This is an excellent point. It's what the candidates should be doing.

7. LongTimeListener

Wasn't the whole rationale of Lena in the first place that Hillary was having a shockingly difficult time with young women? The ones who were following the Bernie Bros, as Gloria Steinem said. I don't know if I put a lot of stock in that idea, I think Bernie voters come around eventually, but I believe there is some kind of electoral basis for it.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Hey, I don't want to cheer for their soccer team either! 'Merica! USMNT all the way! Dempsey-Guzan 2016!

9. LongTimeListener

BTW looking ahead to the Dem convention, Facebook is going to be hella fun next Tuesday:

The session's theme is "A Lifetime of Fighting for Children and Families," with former President Bill Clinton and the Mothers of the Movement -- women who have lost children to gun violence and in police shootings -- will highlight Hillary Clinton's work for children and families as a young lawyer, first lady and senator from New York.

Mothers of the Movement who are set to take part include Gwen Carr, the mother of Eric Garner of Staten Island; Sybrina Fulton, the mother of Trayvon Martin; Lezley McSpadden, the mother of Michael Brown; Geneva Reed-Veal, the mother of Sandra Bland; Maria Hamilton, the mother of Dontré Hamilton; Lucia McBath, the mother of Jordan Davis; and Cleopatra Pendleton-Cowley, the mother of Hadiya Pendleton.

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I was right about him being the Antichrist. Worth saying again.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Did Granny really say that?

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Reuters poll has Hillary +4. They're previous poll had her +11.

The only poll that isn't moving in Trump's direction is Rasmussen which has Trump +1, down from +7.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.