1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Equal pay and affordable child care are for liberal pussies:

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

LOL. Does he want Trump to win?

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Trump ripping Cruz right now.

Going over the Lee Harvey Oswald claim.

He's unbelievable.

HanSenSE and Lugnuts like this.
  4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

My brother, a very successful commercial real estate broker, has been on the Trump wagon since he announced. He has a great life and isn't angry about anything. He has never been interested in politics before.
    My uncle, a retired multi millionaire, self made, has been swayed and is now voting for Trump.

I had to bow out of the group texts Wednesday, but I have two family members that have seen it, and liked what they sold.

I'm not voting for Trump, but I know some non angry people who are.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The difference is that gay marriage is not nearly as contentious as abortion.
    Another thing: In order to gauge the real stance of the GOP on gay rights, are you going to judge a few thousand people in an arena or the official party platform, which vehemently rejects these rights?

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The Oswald thing represents Trump perfectly. It is based on willful ignorance of basic facts. Oswald was pro Castro. R Cruz and/or his sister were locked up by Castro. R Cruz, at any rate, was opposed to Castro. The only way he'd have been around Oswald on 11/22/63 would be for surveillance. Certainly not support.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

A preacher at one of the conservative mega-churches here wrote a blog post about how he couldn't support either Trump or Clinton due to character flaws in both. The reaction from many of his congregants is proving No. 2 with the "if you don't vote for Trump, you are actually voting for Killary!" and "no true conservative would ever not vote for the Republican nominee" responses.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

These are NOT good shoulders.

LongTimeListener likes this.
  9. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

31% Unemployment seems like a more realistic number and not bad all things considered.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I think someone is falling in love.

11. John

John Well-Known Member

I grow more stunned and terrified by the day.

I can totally get not liking Hillary, but that anyone would support him for anything is an absolute mystery to me. All is see is a man (regardless of politics) I want to get as far away from as possible.

Lugnuts, Ace, JackReacher and 2 others like this.
  12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

My dad has voted for one Republican (Reagan 1984) in his 89 years on this planet.

He's likely voting for Trump. And he's about the least angry person I know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.