1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Black guys can be cool if they are articulate. We still really, really hate women. One even helped sink McCain.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Such sexism:

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

1. Fuck Ivanka
    2. Die
    3. Who fuckin cares

BitterYoungMatador2 and Vombatus like this.
  4. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

This seemingly trivial issue touches on one of the hardest things about being a woman.

This kind of issue-- and all the little things that surround it-- are why I wake up some days and wish I was a man.

Donny in his element likes this.
  5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

If she loses she will have been beaten in the semifinals to a black guy who had three hours of experience and "Hussein" as a middle name and in the finals to a parody of Richie Rich.

Yes. She would be that unlikable. She would be the Gene Mauch of politics.

Mr. Sunshine and Jake_Taylor like this.
  6. YankeeFan

Trump and Rudy both shouted their entire speech. Marsha Blackburn wasn't much better.

Ivanka didn't shout at all.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Voice modulation? I love HRC but I agree with Axelrod. If I could change one thing about her campaigning, I would ask her to understand that trying to build her speech and rise to a crescendo is an oratory skill she just doesn't have. It works for some but not all men. It works for some but not all women.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

HOLY CRAP!

9. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

This could play out a lot like a real life version of the arc in Veep where she has to come to grips with the nation wishing her running mate was the one running for president.

10. YankeeFan

He spoke Spanish!!

Oh my God! That will totally impress Hispanics, and get them to vote for Hillary.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

The "he speaks Spanish!!!!1!!!!" Is equal from a pandering standpoint to the "she's a woman!!!!!1!!!!!" Pandering McCain pulled.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

They already were, and Trump's favorability in that demographic went down six points during the convention.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.