1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I guess if you are committed to being a dishonest person, there is no point in sticking to small lies.

3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Sometimes you gotta just state shit for the record, whether it gets through or not.

Come to think of it, who here is gonna be swayed on anything ?

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

That's excellent. The NAFTA argument is as true as true.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

From the Michael Moore piece:

Finally, do not discount the electorate’s ability to be mischievous or underestimate how any millions fancy themselves as closet anarchists once they draw the curtain and are all alone in the voting booth. It’s one of the few places left in society where there are no security cameras, no listening devices, no spouses, no kids, no boss, no cops, there’s not even a friggin’ time limit. You can take as long as you need in there and no one can make you do anything. You can push the button and vote a straight party line, or you can write in Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck. There are no rules. And because of that, and the anger that so many have toward a broken political system, millions are going to vote for Trump not because they agree with him, not because they like his bigotry or ego, but just because they can. Just because it will upset the apple cart and make mommy and daddy mad. And in the same way like when you’re standing on the edge of Niagara Falls and your mind wonders for a moment what would that feel like to go over that thing, a lot of people are going to love being in the position of puppetmaster and plunking down for Trump just to see what that might look like.

Deskgrunt50 and Double Down like this.
  6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Nobody. In the end, Trump is going to get his 40-41 pct. Clinton is going to get her 45-46 pct. and win in an electoral landslide. People are getting themselves all worked up for very little reason.

Lugnuts likes this.
  7. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I'm wondering what Trump's speech will be named in the annals of history.

Paul Begala called it Midnight In America.

I kind of like the ring of -- "The I alone speech."

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I think there is a minority but realistic chance that Never Trump breaks at the last minute when they see a chance for a R (even if in name only) Presidency and Trump sneaks out a 46-45 win

9. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

The rich irony of Hillary convention site
    [​IMG]

Lugnuts likes this.
  10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

This is sad. They really have nothing.

They want to claim with a straight face that her personal sever was never hacked by the Russians, but that the Wikileaks hack shows a Trump-Putin alliance.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Don't you mean "Sad!"

YankeeFan likes this.
  12. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Says person is committed to dishonesty. Votes for Hillary.

old_tony likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.