1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Par for the course for me around here. Oh well, maybe YF and o-t will laugh, and Starman's head explode.

JC likes this.
  2. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Trump U ring a bell, tony ?

3. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

So the DNC staffer suggesting that the party use Bernie Sanders religion/atheism isn't a problem as long as the party doesn't go through with it?

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

It's not the simple fact that the DNC did it. It's how it was done, and the idea that stoking anti-Semitism would work to their advantage.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Were they stoking anti-semitism or anti-atheism? I had trouble understanding from those e-mails.

6. cranberry

I'm with Charlie Pierce on this. I absolutely believe this is the kind of stuff political operatives do all the time. I'm stunned that these idiots put it in writing.

Ace likes this.
  7. MisterCreosote

He pretty clearly said atheism wouldn't be as effective as Judaism would in derailing Sanders.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

If you don't understand the difference between disenfranchisement and influence, even undue influence, should you maybe question to yourself if you are qualified to judge if she is sleazy?

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I am the appropriate amount of outraged that a DNC staffer discussed the topic and the idea was never made a part of the party's actions or ideas.

10. MisterCreosote

Nobody is switching their vote to Trump over this, but it is a stupid, unseemly and unforced misstep that could've cost them against any semi-capable opponent.

Lugnuts likes this.
  11. cranberry

I doubt it matters much but I got the opposite impression when I read it, and I think the writer of this story got a similar impression. I think when he said Sanders had been able to "skate" by saying he was a Jew, the thought was that he was avoiding the fact that he was an atheist by calling himself a Jew.

Top DNC staffer apologizes for email on Sanders’ religion

One email among the thousands of internal DNC messages released this week by Wikileaks showed DNC CFO Brad Marshall questioning Sanders’ Jewish faith, and suggested that painting the candidate as an atheist “could make several points difference” in several late primary contests.

dixiehack likes this.
  12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I never came close to saying that. It's a huge fucking problem. And that's why DWS had to go. Thankfully an awful idea was NOT carried out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.