1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

1). I never paid 20 percent interest on a 10-year-old car.

2). Why was it not credible? You can find the same information at Snopes and you say Snopes isn't credible so I found another fact checking site. Either what they say is true or it isn't. If it isn't, explain why. goalposts.jpg

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Because he wanted to leave open the possibility of an independent run for president?

3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

This is a story now..
    But the convention will begin...
    Bernie will give interviews in which he acts mildly pissed...
    Then he'll get up there and say we have to stop Trump by any means necessary...
    That means voting HRC....
    Then THAT will be the headline...
    Stop Trump by any means...

Scandal possible net positive.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I read it the other way, but you're right. It doesn't much matter. It's a terrible and unseemly suggestion either way.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Maybe. He couldn't survive either primary.

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Trump didn't get rich. He was born rich. Big difference.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Here is tony's initial comment, which is factually incorrect. He can attack sources or move the goalposts all he likes, but there is no doubt he was wrong.

The implication of his comment was clear. He suggested that Trump was only being accused of racism because he is running against a Democrat. Of course, that isn't true, either. One reason we know it isn't true is that Trump has been accused of racism in the past, long before he started his run for president. This has been clearly demonstrated on the thread no matter how much Tony wants to claim otherwise. This is without getting into Trump's plans regarding immigration or other issues that seem to have a hell of a lot of appeal to racists.

The really funny part is Tony later deciding to add the word credible into his statement. So, the current accusations against Trump are credible? Honestly, if he was running as a Democrat, that's exactly what Tony would be saying, but I don't think he means it now.

Killick likes this.
  8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

If she didn't do anything wrong, why did they strip her speaking slot?

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Yes, there's a big difference between $2 million and $1 billion.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I assume that is more about how things look than whether or not it was wrong.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Reading is not your strong suit. I said if you added "credibly" then you'd have to not count all the current charges.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Not when you get to set your own valuation on assets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.