1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

They weren't Real Americans.

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Kristol, in The Weekly Standard:

Donald J. Trump is the presidential nominee of the Republican party. But that does not absolve every Republican office holder, donor, and activist from the responsibility of satisfying himself that it is right to support that nominee for president. There are, in my judgment, many reasons to doubt this is the case. But one reason in particular hasn't received sufficient consideration: The fact that Trump and his top campaign aide have many troubling connections with Vladimir Putin's regime.

Honest and patriotic Republicans who support Trump, or are tempted to do so, should review some of the publicly available evidence. Trump's business seems to be heavily dependent on Russian investment. His top campaign advisor, Paul Manafort, was the advisor to the Putin-backed stooge Viktor Yanukovich, and has deep ties to the Putin apparat. One of Trump's national security advisors, retired Lt. General Michael Flynn, was paid to give a speech at a Russian propaganda celebration and was seated next to Putin. Trump's Russia advisor Carter Page, who does much of his business with Russian companies, has argued, among other things, that "a few officials in Washington" annexed Ukraine and that the "so-called annexation" of Crimea by Russia was a rational response to this injustice. ...

If Trump and Manafort don't act to allay these concerns by releasing their tax returns (or in other ways), wouldn't it be advisable for a Republican member of Congress to lead an urgent investigation into whether Putin is interfering in the current American election? Trump and Manafort may be Putin's chumps. Will other Republicans sit by as the whole Republican party becomes Putin's party?

The link: Putin's Party

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
    heyabbott likes this.
  3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

You should watch the Clinton Cash documentary through Breitbart. Both Clintons have connections to Putin that allowed him to get 20% of the US uranium production, while stuffing their pockets with money.

old_tony likes this.
  4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Also, I've grown somewhat fond of having a military to protect me, avoiding cholera outbreaks and other such luxuries.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I concur. His "Southern Baptist peeps" love them some Israel and Jewish people due to their reading of Revelation (although it can come of as creepy to Jews themselves). But declaring yourself an atheist gets you put on the shit list.

What I want to know is where this cache of Southern Baptist voters for the Democratic primary was. That's an endangered species.

6. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Signed strict NDAs. Riot postponed.

[​IMG]

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

When you rip on the Founding Fathers for everything else, citing them in one instance seems quite hypocritical.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

My favorite reason:

The country needs "X" amount of revenue to function. Everyone agrees on that.

Whose lives are the LEAST affected by the taxes needed to acquire this revenue?

The dead, of course. Because they have no lives once they're, you know, dead.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, the Estate Tax isn't actually hitting the filthy rich, who have numerous ways to disperse their holdings. The Estate Tax is killing farming families and families who own small businesses.

The Moral Problem With Estate Taxes - NYTimes.com

Vombatus likes this.
  10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I do?

You asked a question. I gave you an answer based on the historical record.

Man, you're getting pummeled all over this thread.

JC likes this.
  11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

There isn't one fact in that entire post that suggests anything related to what you wrote. You know that, right?

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The estate tax exemption is $5.45 million. Only the largest 0.2% of estates in the US will have to pay any estate tax. Yes, it is the filthy rich, and not "farmers or small businesses."

Nobody is getting "killed" because the money they inherited in excess of $5.45 million is taxed.

We all should be so fucking "killed". Criminy.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
    Neutral Corner likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.