1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Cruz's speech clearly helped unify the party behind Trump.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

He kind of looks like a young Jello Biafra there.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I was wondering about all the Green Party spam. At least Kreml, unlike Jill Stein, won't be using your money to siphon HRC votes from Bernie bros.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Not successful, no. But there was clearly an attempt to put a thumb on the scale. And the fact they pulled this shit when they know what's at stake in the general election and know that this reinforces all of Clinton's biggest negatives is infuriating. And it was unnecessary. By the time of Kentucky and West Virginia it was all over but the shouting; they just had to wait out the clock. But they wanted to run up the scoreboard and stepped on their (figurative) dicks instead. Incompetent fools.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Putting a thumb on the scale is entirely within the purview of the party.

The GOP put a thumb on the scale by instituting the rules where you could get all the delegates without a majority, so JEB! could be president.

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

No, the story is now there's evidence.

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

If you posted on another thread about the passing of your mother I missed it, but allow me to express my condolences.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

People politically engaged enough to have careers in politics expressed political preferences via email. Scandal.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Bernie's supporters following th GOP lead:

Hokie_pokie likes this.
  10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Well, it does show a certain disregard for Article VI, coming from pretty high in the party apparatus.

11. Hokie_pokie

Hokie_pokie Well-Known Member

It would've been fun to see how the Democratic delegate count ended up had the nominating process been a fair fight.

Yes, I know nothing in life is fair.

But since I'm rooting for the destruction of the two-party system, the chaos of a Sanders-Trump presidential showdown would've been a gift.

12. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Mere "nuances" I am certain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.