1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Zero chance this time around.

As much as I'm on board the "Trump is specifically trying to bring fascism into the Overton window" camp, there's still some credibility to the idea that he's just a shit-talker who will let the real politicians under him do all the real work and we'll have a generic Republican administration underneath it all.

I guess I could theoretically see it on reelection. He'd have to act on some of his truly fucked up boasts like breaking down key alliances to cause global instability before we even get close to considering stuff like that.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

He is a shit talker. But he is incredibly thin skinned and apt to lash out. That makes him scary as president.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

LOL. Team Pig sending out Putin puppet Manafort for multiple teevee appearances, to call the charges of Kremlin connections "absurd."

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Don't give in to the GOP fear mongering.

5. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

This is a good comment from a 14-year-old in his first semester taking Civics.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

First no because I'm not sure if the math for Trump to win a close electoral vote is there. Clinton might win close election depending how some of the battleground states break. Trump will have to win some states that he probably won't win.

Second, assuming it's a 274-264 win or a 272-266 win, there might be a lot of outcry from Democrats ala Gore in 2000 but that shouldn't change many votes. And let's say there are votes changed and it costs Trump the outright win, the House will likely go for him to preserve the will of the people. That's a precedence that I don't think anyone really wants.

7. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Preserving the will of the people with such a vote is a precedent no one wants, or the whole scenario?

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Oh, he's still not my top choice, or the most qualified potential Republican candidate.

But, despite the conventional wisdom -- that Trump & Clinton are both running against the only candidate they could beat -- I'm not sure any other potential Republican would be running as strongly as Trump is.

The last two cycles, the Dems spent the summer months defining the Republican candidate. They haven't been able to do that with Trump. He's defined himself, and the public is buying it.

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Hell no, DNC! We won't vote for Hillary!!
    Yup, Unity Together.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Hey, neighbor, let me give you some advice
    The Russians are about to pulverize us
    In our sleep tonight
    That is, if the crazy Arabs
    Or the riots don't get us first
    And the fire will rain down from the sky
    The fire will rain down from the sky

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I've said: They overplayed their hand for a year.

Should have gone with, "This dipshit doesn't know anything" instead of, "This guy is a fascist Nazi sympathizer."

12. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

I was going to call it a new world record.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.