1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Not even talking about the terrorism speeches. He should knock a few back and shoot from the hip in this speech. Have a little fun and just talk to the people. Professor Obama is boring.

2. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I think Michelle's A game has always been better than her husband's. And he's got one hell of an A game.

Lugnuts and cranberry like this.
  3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Hillary is a centrist.

Trump is an amorphous blob.

One would govern as a centrist; the other would govern by whatever suits him, personally.

Those are the choices.

If you want to argue that a vote for Trump is actually a vote for Pence, and thus a vote for conservatism, have at it. Just know it means you're enthusiastically voting for nothing more than a lazy puppet.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Well, Larry the Cable Guy finished way ahead of Charles Barkley at the American Century Championship over the weekend, which was played not even 15 minutes from Tahoe.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

If you are claiming you are a conservative, then you are putting aside those values you claim to hold most dear to vote for Trump. You are crossing your fingers that what he decides to do in the White House will line up with your stance on the big issues. You're ignoring his history as a libertine agnostic attention whore (whose previous stances on the issues made him look as liberal as Hillary) and praying Ronald Reagan's ghost will inhabit his body for the next four years.

I'll either vote for Gary Johnson or not vote for anybody for POTUS. Neither candidate is worthy of my vote.

Also, unless you live in a swing state, your vote one way or the other doesn't really matter all that much. Based on the 2012 turnout, my vote then was worth about 1/172,000th of one electoral college vote. So no matter who I vote for in November, the electoral college math won't change one tiny bit. Given that, why wouldn't I refuse to hold my nose to vote for the lesser of two horrible candidates and instead vote third party or skip the POTUS section of the ballot?

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Hillary Clinton has been involved with politics for 40 years. Donald Trump is a reality TV carnival barker agitating for a fascist police state.

They are not equivalent choices.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

When Valedictorians Go Bad!

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Trump's Paradise -- Where Every Dancer is Named Ivanka!

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I'm doing a write-in for Sinbad. I think he would do better than these two plus he could use the paycheck.
    [​IMG]

Batman likes this.
  10. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

So you're not voting for him?

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm not. But I'm absolutely fascinated by people's attraction to the "law and order," I'm-going-to-crack-down-on-everyone message. It says a lot about our psychology as a people, though I haven't really sorted through what exactly it says yet.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I would like to hear a little c conservative name the five issues most important to them.

I'd be surprised if Trump is on their side of more than 1 in 5.

Pro choice, wants to expand government powers, wants to increase government spending, projected to increase the deficit by huge margins, massively interventionist foreign policy, thrice divorced, considers breaking contracts to be the height of business savvy.

The only truly conservative stance he has that I can think of is lowering taxes on the rich.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.