1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I at least can trust Herself to use this weaponized bureaucracy to predictable ends.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The over the top reactions to Michelle Obama's speech was the most predictable part of the last two weeks.

4. doctorquant

5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Trump clearly didn't eat the peanut soup at the Hotel Roanoke. He'd be singing a different tune!

Also, the Virginia bar exam starts today in Roanoke, and the Hotel Roanoke, while expensive, is the most convenient hotel to the testing facility. I'm sure there were a lot of thrilled wannabe lawyers in the commotion at the hotel yesterday.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I would describe Trump's governing philosophy as "dealing from strength."

He believes that the best results can be achieved by treating everything as a negotiation and making sure that negotiation is as unfair as possible in your favor.

7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

This assumes none of the down-ticket races will turn against the GOP because of the clown show at the top.

And, we DO know how he'd govern. Or, how he would TRY to govern. That he might not actually succeed in implementing his asinine plans is not reason to vote for him.

8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

"This guy is a notoriously shady as fuck deal-breaker whose entire philosophy is to get into a position of strength and crush from it. But we're pretty sure that if we put him in a position of power above us, he'll let us do whatever we want."

Holy crap how can you guys fall for this? He *just* got done doing it to Christie, whose career is basically over.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
    TowelWaver, amraeder and Inky_Wretch like this.
  10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

And for the record, I predicted the same on here regarding the early coverage of the RNC. Journalists have definitely latched onto a theme.

YankeeFan likes this.
  11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

God damn, she is looking good.

I so want to see those shoulders of hers.

12. doctorquant

That was going on among sportswriters back in my day ... Arguing about, say, which loss really turned the tables on the season for a baseball team that lost 85 games. Or which made shot/missed free throw etc. was the turning point ... in a game in which the winning team scored close to 100 points and won by 10.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.