1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If Trump does win, he'll have about 30 minutes to 1st strike any enemy. That's how long they'll be ROTFLTAO

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Shit, I'll even put put it from the other side.

Imagine scraping together everything you can to try to put together a small business that could either take you to the upper middle class or bankrupt you. You don't think the difference between a $10 minimum wage and a $15 minimum wage, along with the costs of forced health-care coverage, could make or break you?

We are playing with real live ammo here. This is real life and there are consequences.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Even funnier, she's such a horrible candidate that despite being around for so damn long, she once again will be "re-introducing" herself (for the hundredth time) in her speech, according to reports.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The fear-mongering by the Trump candidacy is a big illusion.

What ISIS attack has there been on US soil the past 10 years? Zippo.

What foreign terrorist attack has there been on US soil since 9/11? Zippo.

What attacks have been made on US soil by US citizens? Well now we're talking. The solution according to Trump is to stop IMMIGRATION to solve our DOMESTIC attacks. Please explain how that even makes sense? Florida, Sandy Hook, they were by our own born and bred citizens.

Oh and how many terrorist attacks have been by Mexicans? Zippo. They're too busy working.

We need to take care of our own problems by looking at our citizenry, not beyond our borders. That's been the world viewpoint for the past 20 years, "why are you blaming us for your problems?" That's US arrogance in a nutshell.

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I could give you a few specifics, mostly centered around adding millions of people to the insurance rolls and not significantly increasing the amount of providers to care for them.

And, yes, it has had a huge impact on my family, and many others.

And, while just a slice of the big picture, that disaster has to be taken into account.

old_tony and SpeedTchr like this.
  6. old_tony

So the known horrible outcome is preferred over the unknown?

7. old_tony

And you think that would be bad for a U.S. President?

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It depends.

In this case, the answer is "yes."

Even stipulating a "horrible outcome" under President Clinton, at least as you'd see it, the performance of Candidate Numbskull to this point, both in his business and reality television careers and in his campaign, makes him too great of a risk.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

This is so fucking awesome. When you didn't believe he had a real shot at the nomination, you were a non-stop shit-talking machine about him on here. This is so fucking awesome.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Tony doesn't like flip-floppers, though.

11. RickStain

Or how about this.

In 2005, the Energy Policy Act was passed by congress and signed into law. This broad-ranging bill included lots of tax breaks to encourage the growth of industries related to alternative energy. As a concession to oil interests, it also exempted fracking from various clean water acts.

Non-governmental studies have recently found that fracking, despite industry denials, increases trace amounts of water impurities that are known to greatly increase the risk of autism.

My son, born near the oil fields of North Dakota in 2009 where that change to fracking rules helped cause a major boom and made a lot of people rich, is permanently mentally disabled by autism.

Can I prove a 1:1 causal link? Probably not. But I think I have pretty good reason to suspect it.

Under a more liberal federal government, that bill passes without needing to throw in the fracking provision.

Elections have real-life consequences.

12. RickStain

Google "principal-agent problem."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.