1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The scientific community moves slowly on these types of things, and rightfully so. You can't just run the experiment 10,000 times. You have to wait for the data to come to you.

The scientific consensus on fracking right now is that it is too early to draw any concrete conclusions but there are significant findings that warrant concern.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Well, there's always cattle futures, too ...

You go right ahead and do that. Here among the land of the open-eyed, those of us who know the academic game have a damn good idea what happened.

old_tony, YankeeFan and Mr. Sunshine like this.
  3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Know how I know she didn't kill Vince Foster? The section with the California delegates hasn't been reduced to rows of empty chairs soaked in blood.

Ace likes this.
  4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

She went from UT Law, to Penn, to Harvard. She was the 5th most cited bankruptcy professor in 2010. Looks to me like she has great credentials. What are your facts?

As for her net worth, with a husband who's also a Harvard Law professor, it is more than reasonable that her worth would be what it is.

Elizabeth Warren is worth millions

Its too bad that so many choose to make up their own stories.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I still remember after 9-11, people started wearing flag pins and the like as a show of uniformity. I wore one for a spell and had a colleague point to it and say to me, "I don't know how I feel about that." I know what she meant -- that a lot of people use the flag as the means of rallying the troops and rabble-rousing -- but I was also offended that the mere wearing of it somehow meant that I was hellbent on just going to war and blowing shit up.

Republicans definitely like their flag more than the lefties, that's obvious, so not surprised it's not in prominence at the DNC.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The entire point of the post you're discussing is that the flag is quite prominent, despite what the wingnuts are trying to say.

bigpern23 likes this.
  8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Republicans mistakenly think a show of flags proves more patriotism. It's moronic and embarrassing.

bigpern23, CD Boogie and HanSenSE like this.
  9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

relative to the RNC? I didn't watch a lot of the RNC, but I watched most of last night's primetime of the DNC, and the stage was pretty blase, mostly gray.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I think that if we got together, and held a little powwow, we could figure out the secret to Sen. Warren's success.

old_tony likes this.
  11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

As much as some people claim to love it, the misuse of the flag is far too common.

The worst offenders (aside from NFL and MLB teams) are car dealerships which erect gigantic ones to show they love America (but really to make it easier for people to find the car lot).

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

See also: Christmas, attack on. It's like thinking sharing a meme on Facebook will make a difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.