1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

For months, every white male in America lacking a college diploma was expressing sheer horror that Hillary Clinton's email might have been hacked by, say, a Russia. They were simply distraught about this possibility. Could barely sleep at night. Lock her up. And so on.

Today, the Republican nominee for president said that he hoped that this had occurred.

I presume, then, that his base is going to roundly condemn him for this, frightened as they have been about the possibility.

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

This is music to Putin’s ears. He sees the NATO alliance (correctly!) as a major bulwark against Russian expansionism in eastern Europe, and would be thrilled if it fractured. That would make it far easier to install friendly dictators in small nearby countries, like Estonia, or even annex them entirely.

A Trump victory, then, seems like it might allow Putin to fulfill his fundamental foreign policy goal — reviving Russia’s Soviet-era influence over its region — to a degree previously thought impossible.

Trump seems totally oblivious the fact that he would be throwing US allies under the bus — and, in fact, to Putin’s hostility toward the United States entirely.

For example, he has effusively praised Russia’s bombing campaign in Syria: "What’s wrong with Russia bombing the hell out of ISIS and these other crazies so we don’t have to spend a million dollars a bomb?" Never mind that Russian bombs have targeted the relatively moderate opposition more than ISIS, and that the point is to prop up Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad rather than defeat ISIS.

Trump, alone among American political figures, sees Russia as more of a partner than an adversary — mostly because he doesn’t seem to care about the independence of eastern Europe or Syria’s freedom from dictatorship.

All Trump cares about, instead, is getting more money for the United States, as he’s said: "my whole life I’ve been greedy, greedy, greedy … But now I want to be greedy for the United States. I want to grab all that money." His theories for how to do that — like spending less on alliances and other foreign commitments — line up exactly with a series of Russian foreign policy objectives.

The controversy over Donald Trump's ties to Russia, explained

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

See, Keith really isn't blind.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Did she have availability as she was watching the roll call?

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I can feel it in my bones that he's gonna ask us to start quartering soldiers! [/bluefont]

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
    RickStain likes this.
  6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

So you are in favor of one of the two main candidates for president encouraging a foreign country to hack into the private emails of one of his own citizens?

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Yawn ... #yesthatisplagiarized

8. Dick Whitman

I don't know if it will matter - probably not, because it never does - but the Russia quip has definitely become a thing in the news today.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Baron, these emails can't be hacked. They're not on any server that we're aware of.

If they're getting leaked, they've already been hacked.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

A distinction the left is completely incapable of making today. Their talking points have been set and there's no way they're intellectually agile enough to go against them.

11. Dick Whitman

Your side's talking point was that it was very, very, very scary that these emails might fall into foreign hands.

Now you're hoping that they do because the candidate that you loathed until five minutes ago said he hoped they did.

RickStain likes this.
  12. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Cecile Richards is an American activist and has been the president of the Planned Parenthood Federation of America since 2006.

[​IMG]

LongTimeListener likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.