1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

No, the talking point was that what she'd done was absolutely boneheaded because it had exposed her, and the rest of us, to the risk of this happening. And the response from her side was some version of: 1) "It was allowed"; 2) "Colin Powell did it, too!"; 3) "Classified, schmassified ... How was she supposed to know what was classified?"; or 4) "Yawn ... Wake me up when the FBI is rioting."

Hokie_pokie, Vombatus and old_tony like this.
  2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Nice white and gold dress.

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Cool. Free condoms, and abortions, too!

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

5. YankeeFan

Besides, Hillary and @RevPastor have assured us her server was never hacked. This is much ado about nothing.

6. YankeeFan

Vombatus likes this.
  7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

So ... Do we think that his comments have any impact on the race? Does it have legs? How are voters going to react?

8. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I guess I don't understand why there is more risk of her emails being hacked than any government emails being hacked. Hackers going to hack. There is no reason to send any important information via email today. There is no such thing as a safe email. Am I wrong?

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

How many child-support claims do you figure PP has gotten Bill out of?

10. YankeeFan

Her emails being in the news do not help her.

Her campaign wants to make this about Russia? LOL. It's about her inability to properly handle classified material.

Hokie_pokie likes this.
  11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't think it hurts him, either. He was joking. It was in poor taste, but it won't stick.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

My, my, where to start . . .

(with apologies to Boon of Animal House) . . . "HE can't install his puppets in Eastern European countries . . . only WE can install OUR puppets there (Poroshenko being the latest)."

Except, that's NOT his "fundamental foreign policy goal". His goal is not to have enemies and NATO military bases on every goddamn border of his. Pretty understandable. Picture Russian military bases in, oh, Canada, Cuba, Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras and Belize, and guess how we would react. Probably something along the lines of "American aggression."

Putin's speeches contain about 1/250th of the "hostility" toward the United States that our presidents' speeches contain about Russia. When was the last time a U.S. president referred to Russia as "our eastern partners." That's always how Putin describes the United States --- "our western partners."

More "partners", fewer "adversaries". What a crazy concept. Meanwhile . . .

We don't give a fuck about the "independence of eastern Europe.'' If we did, we would allow eastern Ukraine to break away and become an independent state (Novorossia), which it would love to do. But it would be a state friendly to Russia, so noooooooooooo.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.