1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Mostly the DNC so far is doing a great job of reminding me about all these major Democratic politicians that I like more than Clinton.

YankeeFan and Mr. Sunshine like this.
  3. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Remember when the Democrats ridiculed Romney for suggesting that Russia was our greatest geo political threat
    It seems so long ago now.

old_tony and Mr. Sunshine like this.
  4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I don't feel like Russia is our greatest geopolitical threat.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Actually, there are already schools named after him, including one in New Jersey and one in Pittsburgh.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Huh, I thought they usually waited until the president either out of office. I learned something new today. Onwards and upwards.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The idea that Trump's foreign policies could be worse than the current administration's is to ignore current events.

8. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

How's that "overcharge" ( reset) going ?
    [​IMG]

9. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

This seems like another good time to break out my opposition to term limits.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

That doesn't come until 2020.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The odds that Trump could locate the South China Sea on a map are about 1,000-1.

cranberry likes this.
  12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It's the banter culture. We're so enamored by debate and argument and our "well, actually" sentiments - that the idea of "stirring it up" is too great a priority.

Bill O'Reilly's "the slaves were well-fed!" comment is a perfect example. Now, I get that Michelle Obama's Monday night speech - which was brilliantly conceived - had a bit of irony her speech, considering she's generally seemed...less than enamored with the America that overwhelmingly voted her husband president...but suddenly had so much praise for it because Donald Trump left the DNC every opportunity to champion it. And I get that the media was a little too gaga over the speech, including one pundit saying she was a better orator than her husband. (Which she is not in any way.)

But O'Reilly went for Obama's money line - which, again, was, true, perfectly written and just one the GOP has to take on the chin - because that's what we do now. It's cheap and it's too bad. O'Reilly actually tried to soften slavery for the simple reason that Michelle Obama brought it up. Obama was right, but O'Reilly had to "well, actually" her.

And that's pretty much what our culture is now. We like to argue too much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.