1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The GOP optimism is almost completely gone now. The party, over 25 years, sold its soul to the right-wing media, which has done its job only too well. The relentless misery! The Coulters and Savages and Levins and Ingrahams! And the media - not the party, but the media - will do something more dangerous and defend the clear, abject weaknesses in Trump's candidacy as well, actually strengths.

I'd love to see one of these right wing media types step out of character for a minute and say "we just have to stop doing this, America is addicted to negativity and it'll eat its own skin, like one of those junkies on bath salts, if we keep going." But I don't think it'll happen yet. The ratings are still too good, and major right-wing politicians just can't bite the hand that feeds them. They need Americans to hate their country and their neighbors to have success in elections.

It's a big ol hustle, is what it is, a long, irresponsible con of rhetoric. It still pays too good to stop using it.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

There's a bit of Hunter Thompson in there. Good job.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

As a side note, I'm surprised some of the bigger media/polling organizations didn't release a poll between the end of the Republican convention and the start of the Democratic convention. You'd think they'd want to have measured the bounce/lack of bounce.

Maybe they wanted to skip the "noise" but then they'd have to wait a week or so after the Dem convention too before resuming polling, which is a big gap.

4. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

And now the democrats have off loaded angry white blue collar workers to the
    Republican Party. It's a great weight off their back

old_tony and Mr. Sunshine like this.
  5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I've seen polling that indicates his convention speech was not well-received. I suspect that his bounce may be due to other events, not just the convention. I'm sure Nice helped him, just as Orlando did.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Well, they've been told to hate her. They've been told to hate Obama, too, and many do, and he doesn't have a fraction of the supposed warts she has.

Many Americans have come to hate the country they live in. If they're really honest, they hate America dearly, and we see daily on Facebook and on this thread.

7. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

8. Earthman

Because most know his bleak view of the world was BS.

9. Earthman

Exactly columnist like Maureen Dowd just never stop beating on Hillary.
    Dowd is widely read and has conditioned a lot of Americans hate Hillary.
    Loren Michaels has not helped either.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

We just need an American Sweetheart to make us feel good again. Where have you gone, Kerry Strug?

old_tony likes this.
  11. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Trump's Twitter supporters were shocked and upset to see Bradley Cooper at the Democratic National Convention last night.

Because he played Chris Kyle in a movie.

This explains the whole "what-reality-do-you-live-in" phenomenon.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Sean Hannity makes $23 million a year being a professional sneer and cartoon character. He ain't giving that up any time soon in exchange for honesty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.