1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

It wasn't half an hour ago (literally! not actually!) that I heard that the American dream is dead, that the middle class is vanishing, that we're teetering on the edge of oligarchy, that the corporatist media was interested only in fellating the billionaire class, yada, yada, ad infinitum, ad nauseum. And whence came these dire diagnoses?

As I ponder your ability to comprehend the contemporary political landscape, I keep coming back to this reality ...

[​IMG]

Hokie_pokie and RickStain like this.
  2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It's really funny to me.

Trump gets ripped as running a "nativist" campaign, that appeals to white people.

But, MSNBC was just praising the Dems for appealing to "working class" and "union" voters in Pennsylvania and Ohio.

Tim Kaine is central to this effort.

I mean, give me a fucking break. These are just code words for white males.

It's celebrated as a brilliant strategy when Dems target them, but as a racist ploy when Republicans appeal to these voters.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It's a racist ploy due to the first clause in the sentence, not the second.

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

How do we really know she was hurt before that second vault? Bela's Romanian, and yeah, he says he's an all American but how do we really know he didn't tell her to fake it? And then, after that, she went to UCLA, not John Henry or Wash U or Liberty or any other schools that don't have gymnastics teams. And then she worked in the treasury in 05, and we all know what happened in 08 with the economy, and Breitbart intimated...

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

You're embarrassing yourself.

JC likes this.
  6. YankeeFan

This shit is funny to me too.

Chelsea sits for a softball interview with Matt Lauer -- "what will your dad be called if your mom wins? Have you talked about this at home? (As if she's still 12, and lives at home with mommy and daddy.)

Ivanka Trump can't sit down for a single interview without being asked to defend her father's "misogyny". But, Bill Clinton, is a serial abuser of women, and someone who has systematically sought to ruin the reputation's of the women he's assaulted, and Chelsea is never asked to defend this.

Chelsea Clinton: I’m ‘so proud’ to introduce Hillary Clinton at DNC

Hokie_pokie likes this.
  7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

They don't hate all of it. Just the non-pasty parts.

8. YankeeFan

Not at all.

What do they mean when they refer to "working class voters"? They mean white makes, right?

Hillary now opposed TPP, which she helped negotiate, and previously called the "gold standard" in trade deals? Why? To appeal to "working class voters".

But, only Republicans are accused of racism, fear mongering, nativism, and nationalism when they make an appeal to "working class voters".

Hokie_pokie likes this.
  9. Dick Whitman

Let me simplify this:

Trump opposing free trade? Not racist.

Trump saying that Mexican immigrants are rapists and murderers? Kind of racist.

Get back to me when she does not disavow the KKK's endorsement, and we can talk.

LongTimeListener likes this.
  10. YankeeFan

YGBFKM

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Believe me, I alone can do math.

12. Dick Whitman

There is nothing inherently wrong with courting white working class voters. That's not the criticism. You're hiding the ball.

amraeder likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.