1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I think YF is just reflexively defending Trump at this point. He's too smart to actually believe this shit.

Sad!

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Good to know what became of Gilbert Bates.

[​IMG]

I'd expect Eddie Haskell tonight but the guy who played him went on to be a cop, so no chance of that.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Point of order: an utter inability to understand relatively simple nuance because two things seem similar on an emotional level probably isn't caused by his affinity for wingnut sources. The causation works the other way around.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Beats the hell out of denial.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Boy, I don't know Rick. I haven't been interacting with YF for 25 years obviously ... but I know a lot of people from my hometown who have fallen prey to that phenomenon. They were incredibly reasonable people (some well into adulthood by then) until Rush and his imitators got on the scene.

6. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

We needed you around here last night, o_t.

Some of your fellow conservative board members were starting to lose it a little up in here.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

One of my best friends from high school's dad is a wingnut. Every word out of his mouth is "Hillary." Believes Obama was born in Kenya. Talks constantly about the Second Amendment. I was talking to my buddy the other day about it. He said his dad never paid even scant attention to politics until after his wife died about 15 years ago and he stumbled upon talk radio as a way to pass the time.

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure of this, seeing as how it presumes some sort of a strategy or over-arching approach to the Trump campaign. I think it might be more accurate to say that white working-class voters, in the main, are the only ones who might be drawn to the random meanderings of the Trump campaign.

Hokie_pokie likes this.
  9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Is it time to RINO hunt the conservatives who were lamenting the fact Obama's speech channeled Reagan's optimism in stark contrast to Trump's dystopian vision?

Earthman likes this.
  10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I can see some of that, dq, but I think "make everyone who isn't white seem different and unworthy" is a large and well-considered part of the Trump campaign.

11. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

He does seem intelligent based on some of his posts.

But how does someone "smart" become "reflexive"?

It's paradoxical.

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I recall taking my dad to one of his chemo treatments late in his losing battle. In the waiting room -- not the happiest of places, you might imagine -- they had Limbaugh's show going on for everyone to hear. I remember thinking, "Damn, you guys couldn't have picked something else -- anything else -- for this of all places?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.