1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Ted Cruz comes off as so phony and sanctimonious that he makes Hillary look authentic in comparison.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Mark Cuban, who isn't very ideological, told Trump, who he doesn't think should be President, he'd give him all the help he needed to stop Cruz. People who know him at all personally seem to loathe him the most. This makes coalition building difficult.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Ooh, I'd love to have a time machine and drop in on that little debate.

"Sir, if you are elected president, will you aid and help arm the mujahideen currently fighting the Soviets in Afghanistan, even though these people are a highly radicalized and dangerous Islamic organization whose long-term goal is world-wide jihad and who are already beginning to turn their aggression on Western nations?"

There aren't enough rich people for the GOP to depend on them alone. That's why they're stuck having to woo the Christians.

4. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

I would take Richard Nixon over Bill Clinton any day. Their equal corruptness balance each other out. Nixon's big picture policies have stood the test of time. Detente with Russia and China, ended The Viet Nam war, Moved from gold standard, Started the EPA and title IX ( both of which liberals are loath to admit).
    What did Clinton do? Ended welfare as we know it driving many further into poverty, Repeal of
    Glass- Steagall combined with The Commodities Modernization act set the stage for the 2008 Financial meltdown, NAFTA- need I elaborate ? Crime bill that basically wiped out a 1/2 a generation of male African Americans

SFIND and old_tony like this.
  5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

6. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Flaggin' it up in Philly today.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Donald Trump is running for president. Bill Clinton is not.

8. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

People should not be held to any standard of decency unless they're running for president.*

*Doesn't apply to Hillary

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I read over and over that anyone who has had to work with Cruz hates him.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Now you're just trolling. Even you can't think the president a school is named after has any bearing on the success or failure of a school.

There is an Obama Academy in Pittsburgh which is doing just fine. That is the only reason I know they exist, because I heard a mention of it on the news one time I was visiting. I believe there is also an Obama Academy in New Jersey. No idea how that one is doing or if it is connected with the school of the same name in Pittsburgh.

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

First Tony was saying Hillary was the most corrupt politician, not Bill.
    Second, I agree Nixon was otherwise a great president for all those reasons, but he was a paranoid sumbitch and it bit him. He may not have ordered Watergate but he sure as hell helped in the coverup and was this close to being thrown out of office in disgrace had he not resigned.
    Lastly, Clinton passed policies that in retrospect were not good for the overall economy but that didn't make him the "most corrupt politician of (Tony's) lifetime." Bush got us into Iraq on false evidence. Regan had Iran-Contra. Obama had Fast and Furious. Carter told us to turn down the heater and put on a sweater. Ford pardoned Nixon. I still contend Nixon was the most corrupt.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Where did I say it's failing because of its name. It's failing because of the people in charge of the school who would name it such have no clue.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
    Mr. Sunshine likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.