1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

If Clinton doesn't get off the stage soon, she'll be treading close to the Trump speech length she mocked a few minutes ago.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Cool. Now on to the free stuff.

3. tapintoamerica

Conservative heroine Ann C0ulter on Twitter: "You know what this convention really needed? An angry Muslim with a think accent like Fareed Zacaria."

My question for Trump's apologists and his enablers in the Christian right: Where in the Gospels does Jesus disparage people on the basis of their ethnicity?

franticscribe and Lugnuts like this.
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Right next to the verse where it says your prayers will only be answered if you type amen and share.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I loved the way she drew out the contrasts between herself and the opponent.

Daughter of mother who was abandoned and a father who worked making draperies; she was not born with a silver spoon; yet here she is on the cusp of the presidency;

She worked to get disabled children the right to be schooled;

She served on the Armed Forces Committee in the Senate;

She served as Secretary of State and went to 112 countries.

Go ahead, call her names, "liar", but be honest and tell me where Trump has shown he's done better.

IMHO those are better credentials to lead our country than him.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

7. tapintoamerica

Part of why Trump is so insanely jealous and irritated:
    upload_2016-7-28_23-43-50.png

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Way too much about Trump. Everyone knows he's a total idiot. They need her to convince them that she's a better alternative.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

At this point her strengths and weaknesses are baked in. She has clear political talents, but speeches aren't one of them. If politicians had Sparq charts, that's where her's would go concave.

10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Funny. The ENTIRE RNC platform was Hillary Sucks.

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

It was a very celebratory night -- rightfully so. I believe Hillary Clinton may have just won the election for herself.

Her speech was pretty good, if a little heavy on some of the rhetoric typical of such an event. But it could have and would have been so much better had she not spent quite so much time talking about Donald Trump, and had she not virtually shouted the entire thing. A little "verbal grammar" besides exclamation points, coupled with some well-timed voice modulation would have made a solid speech and a successful night all the more effective.

All that said, I understand the reasoning and it makes sense, but it really was kind of jarring seeing HRC holding hands and raising arms together with Tim Kaine rather than Bill Clinton.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Because that's their only play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.