1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

I guess we no longer need the Federal Reserve then.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

4. Earthman

For some reason last night when Hil was speaking the image of Minnie
    The Moocher filled my brain
    [​IMG]

hidee hidee ho

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

6. Earthman

Bubba has gone daffy.

7. Earthman

Flavored cigars have to be ahead of balloons

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I was wondering something last night: What would happen if Hillary just refused to acknowledge Trump? Like, if she's asked about him, just simply say, "I only respond to serious people and serious proposals. When he gets serious, I'd be glad to debate him. Until then, I'm just going to talk about my own proposals."

9. Earthman

He would not get serious and at some point she would have to debate him.
    Each debate is going to be a game 7 event

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Obama pushes $50 billion in infrastructure spending - CNN.com

President Barack Obama, in a bid to create jobs and boost economic growth, called on Congress on Monday to pass a $50 billion plan to renew the country's transportation infrastructure.

His address was the first of two speeches the president is scheduled to make this week to frame his administration's ongoing response to the recession, less than two months ahead of midterm elections in which Democratic majorities in the House and Senate are in jeopardy.

"Today, I am announcing a new plan for rebuilding and modernizing America's roads, and rails and runways for the long term," said Obama, who spoke on Labor Day in Milwaukee, Wisconsin -- a state with competitive gubernatorial and U.S. Senate races.

"We used to have the best infrastructure in the world. We can have it again," he said to loud cheers from a crowd of union workers.

The proposal envisions -- over a six year period -- rebuilding 150,000 miles of roads, 4,000 miles of rail and 150 miles of airport runways. It also would include modernizing the nation's air traffic control system in an effort to reduce delays and travel time.

"This will not only create jobs immediately. It's also going to make our economy hum over the long haul," said the president.

Then came the midterm elections and an obstructionist Congress. Shame really.

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Interesting that he discovered, and decided to act upon, this need a mere two months before those mid-terms. But, a man's gotta have priorities. Spending $3 billion to get people to destroy their perfectly functional cars was more important.

Hokie_pokie, old_tony and Earthman like this.
  12. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

An SJ favorite inside joke. /crossthread

BDC99 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.