1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Good post.

But in a simple America, saying Benghazi and emails may be enough. For someone who claims to be so great at foreign policy, those are a couple of really big fuckups.

2. old_tony

DA PLANE! DA PLANE!

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Does Pence even know who picked him for VP?

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Calling Trump a demagogue is a disservice to the word ...

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

So if there had been no intervention, there would not have been a significant loss in jobs - many in manufacturing, i.e., those which Trump is vowing to bring back to America, both at GM and its contract manufacturing partners?

Consumers would have gone to other makers for their vehicles, so overall auto industry revenues would likely still be the same had nothing been done, but the number of US-made autos would have declined as would the number of US citizens employed by the industry.

"Saved" is hyperbolic, but to say that the government's actions had no effect is, well, to be expected.

6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

We are, what, seven years past this and it's damn hard to find a very good used car for less than $10,000. I see this more now as our son is approaching 16 and finding something that doesn't feed made of plywood that I don't think will break down every 45 miles is quite the search.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

"See that one? Third row, fourth from the left? She's a big'un ain't she? She's comin' to the hotel later."
    "WHHHYYYY!!!??? SHE'S 450 POUNDS, BILL!"

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

My God. If they've lost Bieber, they've lost America.

11. old_tony

Wow, looks like an agent who puts his own politics ahead of his client. Nice to see how the left plays.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

At least they say and spell it correctly now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.