1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The emails might be a gift that gives more, but Benghazi's pretty well played out, and it is hard to understand. So what happened in that deal, in the most frequent thing that comes up in any conversation I've ever had about it, and that's generally from Sanders supporters, some of whom, to put it nicely, do not care for Clinton.

The email thing is pretty straightfoward though.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Jill Stein is targeting Donald Trump's anti-vaxxer supporters:

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

2 thoughts ...

1, This is like Taibbi always presenting a ... too-perfect quote from that journalist who always just happens to be a few steps away.

2, He lays the shotgun in its guitar case. He closes the latches, tucks all three pistols into his holsters, everything hidden by his coat. Checks himself in the mirror, walks to the door, then has to go back to check again, just to make sure. Always checking.

Earthman likes this.
  4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Just fucking delusional. Just more of "we're gonna win so much because we're super extra awesome."

Dumpf will be lucky to break 10% with blacks and Latinos. And there is a fuckload of us white men with college degrees and IQs over 90, and Dumpf will get ass-steamrolled in that demographic too. Women? LMAO.

This fucker needs to be fucking eradicated.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Just a guess, but I suspect Pro-abortion Twitter is never amused. About anything. Ever.

SpeedTchr, Batman and Mr. Sunshine like this.
  6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

It's an imagined monologue. It's not presenting itself as actual dialog.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I agree that it's delusion to believe Trump well with either black people or Latinos, but I think this presents a window into how a lot of Trump supporters FEEL to justify their optimism.

The truth about bringing new voters into the fold is it rarely, if ever happens. And I don't believe it's going to happen just from wishful thinking. You need people actually out there registering and calling them on election day saying "Have you been to the polls yet?" That's what Obama's GOTV opperation did so well, and what Romney's did poorly and was widely mocked for.

9. Songbird

I know and that's what I don't like about it.

You can find quotes every bit as good -- probably better; read truer -- than ones you imagine/manufacture. Lots of wasted brainpower.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

If Trump finishes within four points of HRC, we will finally have our proof that this country has a proliferation of slow people.

Of course, we've had hints of that already with the trend toward anti-intellectualism. So, that's scary.

11. Songbird

Slow people ... Paterno apologists ... same thing.

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.