1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Shame.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Did you miss this post?

old_tony likes this.
  3. YankeeFan

Not at all.

The left just isn't used to Republicans fighting as hard and as dirty as they do.

And, while Hillary hides behind folks like Sid Blumenthal, Trump just steps up and unloads.

old_tony and Mr. Sunshine like this.
  4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Stop working Podhoretz's corners.

old_tony likes this.
  5. Double Down

The left demonized Bob Fucking Dole.

Demonized? Nope.

They compared George W. Bush to Hitler.

The left? Are we back to all liberals speaking with one voice now? Do you own Ann Coulter's words, or just your own?

Claimed he was a deserter, and called for his imprisonment.

His imprisonment? Source?

They questioned John McCain's sanity, and speculated that he may have given information to his Vietnamese jailers.

This is deranged fantasy. Stop reading Brietbart.

Sarah Palin was accused of faking a pregnancy.

Pretty certain Andrew Sullivan was the only mainstream reporter who even waded into that mess. But, you know, THE LEFT.

And SJ.commers giggled that she'd had sex with a black guy!!

I think a lot of us giggled about her hooking up with another famous person, an NBA player before he was in the NBA, a story that Rice himself essentially confirmed. And we giggled because it was as sports story. If you'd like to make a case that it was racism, go right ahead.

Mitt Romney was a high school bully, who put the dog on the roof, and put women in binders.

This must have very much hurt Romney's feelings to have shit he did used for comedy. The Binders Full of Women thing was unfair. I'll grant you that one.

6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Nope. But show me the reference to Hillary. Please. It was reference to Trumps reaction to Bills speech.

7. YankeeFan

Reminder, the Hillary campaign used birtherism, otherism (picture of Obama in native garb), and the idea of the "Whitey" tape against Obama in 2008.

But, she doesn't fight dirty, right?

old_tony likes this.
  8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

WFFW. Why does EVERY post reference "the left?" I don't recall doing any of that, though I thought the Rice story was interesting for reasons stated above. We don't all think alike no matter how much you wish to disagree.

9. Double Down

Nah, Podhertz is right. And if he's not, you should be a little ashamed. I think you're ashamed about having to carry water for his piece of human filth on behalf of party or Supreme Court justicies, or whatever. He's a really vile person. And if he loses (assuming he does lose) you guys will turn on him immediately and SCREAM that he's a RHINO, that the reason you lost this election is that he's actually a liberal.

I've sat here, multiple times, and expressed reservations about Clinton's ethics and her morality.

You can't seem to do the same about Trump because you're afraid the facade will collapse if you admit this man is an utter piece of shit who plays to our worst instincts. This isn't a "Both sides do it" moment, as much as you want to make it one to help you hold your nose a day longer. I mean, sure, you don't like Muslims. You think they're all terrorists, and that's whatever. But Trump isn't good at business, or friendship, or decency. And I'm confident that bothers you, deep down. (Tony, less so.) So yes, shame is part of it. It took you a few days to gather yourself and mount a counter assault on Khan, to stomach the "But both sides do it!" nonsense. And I'm sure, for the sake of party, it will continue.

It's all good though. I can still sense the shame, and frankly, you should be proud it's there. The alternative is much worse.

10. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

A liberal's outrage is the only legitimate outrage.

The ends justify the means.

old_tony likes this.
  11. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

We heard you the first 40 times and who is disagreeing? Fighting somewhat dirty is part of the game.

12. YankeeFan

What was it that Carville said about Paula Jones? Something about dragging a $100 bill through a trailer park?

That's cheap compared to the $250,000 Goldman Sachs had to drag in front of Hillary to buy her.

old_tony and Hokie_pokie like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.