1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

"This will be the end for Trump" is as much a part of our lingo here as "Just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe," but if Trump didn't care for the attention he got during the primaries, it's going to be ratcheted up immensely during the general. Given his personality, we could have that moment when he frees Poland or compares himself to JFK.

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Sounds like you're not bothered at all.

old_tony likes this.
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Didn't he also claim Saints-Falcons was a big game?

5. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

I have a couple of Faceboom friends racking up old_tony-like statistics by posting fake quotes and statistics. No telenovela memes, yet, though.

6. Riptide

Republican leaders are lining up behind ... Hillary:
    • Henry Paulson, treasury secretary: When it comes to the presidency, I will not vote for Donald Trump," Paulson wrote in The Washington Post last week. "I will not cast a write-in vote. I’ll be voting for Hillary Clinton, with the hope that she can bring Americans together to do the things necessary to strengthen our economy, our environment and our place in the world. To my Republican friends: I know I’m not alone."
    • Richard Armitage, deputy secretary of state and adviser to Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush — Trump "doesn't appear to be to be a Republican, he doesn't appear to want to learn about issues. So I’m going to vote for Mrs. Clinton."
    • Brent Scowcroft, chairman of the President's Intelligence Advisory Board and adviser to three previous GOP presidents — "The presidency requires the judgment and knowledge to make tough calls under pressure.... [Clinton] has the wisdom and experience to lead our country at this critical time."
    • Doug Elmets, former Reagan spokesman — "I could live with four years of Hillary Clinton before I could ever live with one day of Donald Trump as president."
    • Jim Cicconi, former Reagan and George H.W. Bush aide — "Hillary Clinton is experienced, qualified and will make a fine president. The alternative, I fear, would set our nation on a very dark path.”
    Plenty more here: Meet the big-name Republicans supporting Hillary Clinton

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Interesting list. Where are the Republican leaders on it?

Hokie_pokie likes this.
  8. Riptide

You're grasping at straws now.

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I would say I'm amazed you're still making this about Republican vs. Democrat, given the personality of Donald Trump.

But I would be lying.

10. YankeeFan

It's jagoff. LOL.

But...

Let's imagine a speaker at a Trump rally calling Hillary something so derogatory.

The demands that Trump renounce it would be deafening.

In this case, folks seem to be getting a kick out of it.

old_tony likes this.
  11. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I don't think this is true as many sites took it down. But I fully expect something similar to occur in the near future.

12. YankeeFan

Because his national security briefings hadn't started.

old_tony likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.