1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

What? Scott Norwood wasn't available?

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Trump says he sacrificed by working hard? Has he ever worked a full 40-hour week in his life?

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Can't mess with Bandit Ball!

Agreed. Disgusting and totally uncalled for. I wouldn't call it slut shaming as others have. She's a model, not a slut. But the only reasons to do this are sensationalism and trying to draw attention. Sure it sold some papers, but damn.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

People every day, in every walk of life, have to pay the price for mistakes they made at a younger age. Why is this so different?

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I'm not even sure she would view it as a mistake. But doesn't mean it should become a worldwide story. She is mostly a background player in this, and there was no reason to make a big deal of this. She modeled for a magazine presumably aimed at a specific audience, and now she is being shamed for it worldwide. Not cool.

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

538 updated a few minutes ago. Now 50%-50% with neither having 270. Convention reverse bounce?

9. jr/shotglass

If 43 percent of the country has its way, she is the next First Lady of the United States.

10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

So? We've known for many years that she is a model. This is nothing out of the ordinary. As I said, simply sensationalizing it for the sake of attention.

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Eh?

12. jr/shotglass

I'll agree to disagree on this one without rancor. I just think the circumstances have now made her a public figure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.