1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It's icky on the Post's part, but it's not something that really moves the needle any more. Even evangelicals have kind of come to adjust to the fact that human beings pursue sex, even women. I suspect that they are relieved. The watershed moment, I think, was Bristol Palin's pregnancy. In time, it became part of the overall narrative that the family is straight-up white trash. But before we really knew that, the McCain campaign braced for a blowback that never occurred. Jennifer Lawrence's leak, too. People gawked momentarily, and moved on. She didn't suffer a whit, career or reputationally. We live in a country in which gay relationships have been normalized. Melania Trump's breasts don't shock anyone. Ninety percent of women under 50 have posed for photos like this.

Lugnuts likes this.
  3. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

No way that Trump did not approve this. He and Rupert Murdoch are friends.
    Murdoch was with Trump just a few weeks back at the opening of Turnbury.
    Besides no big deal anyway. Lena Dunham has made it socially acceptable to pose nude
    [​IMG]

Lugnuts likes this.
  4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Dead Muslim Army son? WHOA, LOOK AT MRS. TRUMP'S TITS!

Baron Scicluna and Lugnuts like this.
  5. Dick Whitman

I would have guessed that it was already common knowledge that she had posed nude.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Trump has suggested we should put all mosques under surveillance. Without a warrant, this would appear to violate the fourth and 14th amendments. This, I suspect, is why the father of the fallen and posthumous Bronze Star recipient encouraged the GOP nominee to read sections referencing equal protection and due process.

7. Earthman

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Does surveillance alone rob someone of their equal protection rights?

9. Earthman

probably a good idea for Obama to read up on due process as well

old_tony and Mr. Sunshine like this.
  10. Dick Whitman

It depends.

11. YankeeFan

Right.

You could probably set up some temporary system, that only resulted in further surveillance of Mosques that merited attention, that would pass constitutional muster.

And, we can institute any damn immigration policy we want. That's been shown.

Trump's response was dumb as shit. I like Mr. Kahn. He's smart, well spoken, passionate, and patriotic. He raised a son who volunteered for military service, and died protecting his fellow service members.

Trump should have embraced him. Offered to meet with the family. Listened to them.

12. YankeeFan

Thank God we have a President who stands up to Putin, and has influence with him.

I'd hate to see the alternative.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.