1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Yep. I'm surprised people don't nail Kristol's ass on every time he speaks against Palin.

He helped open the door.

YankeeFan likes this.
  2. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I always thought Obama was going to win in '08 no matter what. The McCain campaign knew it and pulled a Hail Mary with Palin. I don't think picking a competent running mate wins McCain the election.

That's interesting color on the behind the scenes of the campaign, typefitter. You're right-- his concession speech was great-- no coincidence he reportedly famously told Palin to 'get lost' moments before giving it.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I wonder if McCain and Palin have ever spoken again after that moment.

I will always admire McCain for standing up in the closing days of the election and insisting to one of his supporters that Obama was not a secret agent of Islam, but a Christian and a family man with whom he disagreed with politically.

I wish he'd retire. Not because I want the seat (hell if a moderate Republican could have it, that would likely represent Arizona fine) but because it's sad to see him debase himself with stuff like saying Obama was directly to blame for the Orlando shooting just to try and win one more term.

He's a badass who served our country and I admire the hell out of him for many things. I can't imagine Trump ever doing something like McCain did with that scared grandmother calling Obama a terrorist. He knew he was going to lose and he decided to do it with dignity. That's hard but courageous.

I Should Coco and Lugnuts like this.
  4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Mr. Khan >>>>> Trump

Trump - "THEY are the problem! (Muslims, immigrants, women, anyone but yourselves)"

Hillary Clinton - "WE, standing together, working together can make it better"

Vote the way you want, I respect that, its your right, but at least be honest with yourself about what you are voting for.

I know I am; Is HRC completely honest? Likely not, but who is 100% of the time in their life? I doubt there are very many and I would bet she's been more honest in her life than Trump.

franticscribe and Riptide like this.
  5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

McCain's best chance at the Oval Office was in 2000, but didn't the media basically sabotage his campaign well before the conventions by running with the angle that he was too hot-headed for the job? McCain certainly is excitable at times, then and now, but so was Harry Truman. McCain seemed like he had a good shot in 2000, and he was popular for a while. Instead, we got Bushie and Uncle Dick.

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

An Open Letter to Khizr Khan

So if you lost a child in the war, you'd better support Republicans or else?

Pretty sure the booing of the Medal of Honor recipient never happened.

I don't get this "Democrats don't respect the military" thing. I'm told people in the military respected Bush more, though I don't understand why.
    "They signed up to fight and Bush let them fight" doesn't seem like a valid reason.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Trump advisor Roger Stone ...

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

It's been my experience that when "the media isn't telling you" something, it's usually because there's no truth to it.

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Wow. I bet YF is all over that dude's twitter page.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Fought a good fight in the primaries. When you're grasping at straws, as someone must have been, that's what you do.

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

This so much like a swift boating; who the f**k is Stome to question Mr Khan? Yes he's a spy but sacrificed his son and had him die am American hero!!

What have you ever sacrificed for America Stone??

franticscribe and Smallpotatoes like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.