1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Another one is to say "We're looking at that" when he doesn't know WTF the question is about.

Killick and Double Down like this.
  2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

You know what? I agree. No blue font needed. I truly agree.

But there still must be an acceptable level of decorum when it comes to treating the parents of a dead American war hero. And to say Trump crossed it would be like saying Kate Upton is a bit curvy.

This story would have lasted a day if Trump had just stuck to the plan of attacking only 4-star Generals, not average citizens. But he couldn't help himself.

Big Circus and Lugnuts like this.
  3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

What's pathetic is it came in statement. He could have easily had someone say "While Mr. Khan has a right to speak his mind in the country we both love, his attack on my integrity was grossly unfair. Radical Islamists murdered his son, and though he may hate me, I will be forever grateful for his family's sacrifice and when I am president I will work with American Muslims to destroy ISIS and radical Muslims who wish to harm us."

Decency isn't hard. I typed that in 30 seconds. Had Trump SAID "you have no right..." maybe you give him a pass for a clumsy colonialism said in frustration. But someone wrote that down in a response to a question about HAVE YOU EVEN READ THE CONSTUTION.

The tone deafness is stunning.

4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

This is like oop accusing someone of lacking self-awareness.

old_tony likes this.
  5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Well, they don't make for very good background attendees during aircraft carrier landings.

Killick likes this.
  6. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

That's not true, LTL !

There's some sexism as well.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Sure. Because Clinton and the media are forcing Trump to tweet his statements.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

This'll be a tough one for the Archie Bunker crowd.

Yeah, they go to the VFW to have a couple of beers sometimes and yeah, you shouldn't speak ill of dead soldiers......but our alternative is ....her

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I wonder how much it'd take for someone at the Washington Post, or whichever media outlet does that kind of thing, to fact check this thread and issue a report? I'm willing to chip in at least $3.87. Who's with me?

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

11. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I see what you did there...

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Trump says maybe Obama should stop saying American Exceptionalism because it insults other countries. Lol, nothing is real anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.