1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

In what way is having people like Roger Stone making up stuff like that good for the process?
    What unintended consequences would there be if he and those who do what he does didn't exist?
    I'd much rather live in a world where people who lost their children in a war didn't have to defend their and their kids' good names.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There has been a great deal of material published on Reagan's second term, and people within the administration who admired him have provided anecdotal if not medical evidence of early onset Alzheimer's.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Bush's approval rating on Election Day 2008: 28 percent (that's from exit poll). Yeah, I'd say over 50 percent looks pretty good. Better than Reagan at this point in 1988, too, although his did go up as the end of his administration approached.

Smallpotatoes and cranberry like this.
  4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Iran-Contra, and Bush needing to be "his own man" was the main reason why Reagan wasn't a big player in Bush's 1988 campaign.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Including for starters Ronald Reagan Jr.

Worrying About Reagan - The New Yorker

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

This is something that intrigues/concerns me about a Hillary presidency.
    How do all of these Republicans who say they'll vote for her, then turn around the next day and serve as an opposition party? And where does that lead us as a country?

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Considering the GOP was dead set on impeding and obstructing every Obama initiative from the start, his end-term approval ratngs are nothing short of amazing and a repudiation of everything Reoublicans pathetically attempted in their efforts to undermine his presidency.

8. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I agree many of their attempts were pathetic because they eventually just gave in. For once, the liberals weren't the pussies.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Not going to pile on the "Bush lied to us about WMDs to get us into Iraq" retort except to add there was a really easy retort to have all of this blown over within a day or two: "Dear Mr. and Mrs. Kahn, I, my family and the entire country thank you for the supreme sacrifice your son made on behalf of this nation. Your son is an example for us all."

That's it. But Trump is nothing more than Sideshow Bob trying to walk through a parking lot full of rakes.

10. Starman

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. Starman

Well, if Fucko continues his Hindenburg/Titanic Campaign Tour, he might not only lose the WH, the Senate (which at this point looks probable) but maybe the House, if Fucko himself builds his own personal repugnance level to world record heights, voters punish the down ticket offices for guilt by association with the asshole.

Which means if this carries on much longer, you're gonna see a lot of Republicans in vulnerable seats start cutting bait on this fucker.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.