1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Like when liberals complain about Fox News.

old_tony likes this.
  2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Anyone who has a sig line that says: "WikiLeaks: Doing the job the American media have refused to do for the last 40 years" is probably unqualified to talk about media objectivity.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Lewandowski is a plant, sent to CNN expressly to blast hot air on behalf of Fucko.

Songbird likes this.
  4. Mr. Sunshine

Yeah, it's not as simple as washing their hands of a presidential nominee. The risk of alienating a large swath of voters and the downticket consequences make a mass disavowal a tricky proposition. A very, very convincing person would be needed to deliver such a message, and if the GOP had anyone resembling that, Trump wouldn't be the nominee.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

When she had finished dancing, Ailes told her to get down on her knees in front of him, she said, and put his hands on her temples. As she recalled, he began speaking to her slowly and authoritatively, as if he were some kind of Svengali: “Tell me you will do what I tell you to do, when I tell you to do it. At any time, at any place when I call. No matter where I call you, no matter where you are. Do you understand? You will follow orders. If I tell you to put on your uniform, what are you gonna do, Laurie? WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO, LAURIE?” Then, she recalled, his voice dropped to a whisper: “What are you, Laurie? Are you Roger's whore? Are you Roger's spy? Come over here.” Ailes asked her to perform oral sex, she said.

As she was promoted through the ranks at Fox, Luhn worked harder and harder to please Ailes. She zealously promoted the network’s right-wing agenda. “I was very proud of the product. I was very proud of how we handled 9/11. Very proud of how we handled the run-up to the Iraq War,” she said. “My job was to sell the war. I needed to get people on the air that were attractive and articulate and could convey the importance of this campaign. It was a drumbeat.”

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The Official Network of the One and Only Official Party of Family Values.

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Maybe there's a reason the Trump campaign isn't attracting the best and the brightest.

8. Mr. Sunshine

Your point?

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I guarantee you that a Trexit or Trumpexit or whatever would freak out the Democrats. Ryan beats Clinton easily. Trump has terrified GOP-inclined but Trump-averse voters, who will enthusiastically back any credible GOP candidate riding in on a white (is there any other kind with their party) horse.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Every one I've seen on CNN is a solid 6.

11. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I agree. If Trump is out, Hillary is toast, most likely. Depending on the candidate, I would consider jumping ship.

12. Mr. Sunshine

You rarely make sense, but I agree that the last thing the Dems want is for Trump to go away.

Lugnuts likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.