1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Over/under on turnout percentage? Guessing 60 percent.

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Love it. My reading comprehension questioned by the board's resident mental midget.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I think there would be vastly different damage depending on whether Trump backed out vs. the party somehow got rid of him.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    Lugnuts likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Many of the Trump voters are likely to turn their backs on the party if Trump gets pushed out.. I wonder what the filing deadline is across the states? Could a replacement even get on the ballots at this point?

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

That high? Turnout in 2008 was between 60 and 62 percent depending on your source.

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Well, now that you know to question your reading comprehension you can start working on it.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I'll agree with that. I guess it will come down to how Trump backs out. If he implements scortched earth as he leaves and/or the thing reaks of the establishment forcing his hand, his supporters might revolt (figeratively). If he's magnanimous or cites health problems it will look better than a coup d'etat by the GOP.

9. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Not sure how it could affect his business dealings, but can't see it in any way being positive if he backed out. Don't think he can win, but also don't think he'll lose by more than Romney did. Can't think of how dropping out would help him in any way, and he pretty much is a guy who looks out for himself.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

At least with Ryan I'd think he's not some psycho and I'd be okay if he won, if Trump were to someone win Id be scared for the fate of our country, more so than ever in my 50+ yrs.

11. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

No need to be frightened, Hillary will win. That should cheer you up.

12. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

That I can. Sadly for you, there is no cure for stupid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.