1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

There is probably an explanation, but the last time I looked their house effect adjustment was treating every single pollster as pro-Hillary

2. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Hey, remember when the right-wingers here were treating Obama using a paper-clip on a stack of papers as this huge, administration-destroying gaffe?

You people nominated Trump! Trump! Trump is who you nominated!

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I did?

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

What the fuck is the point? It's obvious at this point that he won't listen. Like the teenager you yell at to stop smoking but chugs along to a pack-a-day habit without giving your words a second thought.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

You rooted, right? Well, close enough.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

His gut has gotten him this far. No reason to adjust now.

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Oh, I get that. But as a thought experiment, if you could control Trump, what could possibly steady the campaign? Basically ... stop being Trump.

And I have no doubt he'll bounce back at some point. It's funny. All the talk about what a disaster it is right now, and the latest poll I saw he was trailing by just three, 46-43.

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

He has trailed by more than three in five polls this week.

The problem is that 3 isn't that small. If you have a single poll telling you that are down 3, that isn't that bad because a single poll might be off. But if you are actually down three as a major party candidate in August, you have a problem and are probably going to lose.

10. Dick Whitman

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Good heavens, the 538 numbers are more damning than SJ.com poll. Go figure.

12. Dick Whitman

I understand that. It's his best showing in the last few days. I'm just saying that for as disastrous as the last few days have been, it's not like she's up by double digits. I guess it speaks to how entrenched American voters are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.