1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

You are basically arguing that the Baltimore Ravens were created from dust in 1996 and won the championship from scratch five short years later.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That URL refuses not to cut and paste in Hebrew.

www.terrorism-info.org.il/

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

swingline and YankeeFan like this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I notice that you didn't take on my post immediately following.

5. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Whig Party rulz!!!

HanSenSE and Batman like this.
  6. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

I must be missing something, such as how does an oil boom in the Bakken affect economic growth in Redwood or Freeborn counties. Shouldn't be tough to explain, except you'll have to look at where those counties are.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    lcjjdnh and RickStain like this.
  7. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Can you pinpoint the time in your life when you decided it was better to operate under some sort of made-up worldview, to better shield yourself from inconvenient facts?

Deskgrunt50 and Stoney like this.
  8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Yeah, Brown has insisted on a rainy-day fund despite the protests of fellow party members. It's a good idea.

The party has developed some strange alliances. In the election race against Meg Whitman, it was Brown hammering the public unions and Whitman of the GOP cozying up to police and fire. Since taking office, Brown has been fighting to hold the line where possible on spending, in addition to the tax increases. There are kind of three sides of the Democratic Party in state politics -- liberal, moderate, conservative -- and they fill all the roles since the Democrats own everything in California.

But basically the state got going again when the electorate decided to eliminate Republicans' annual obstruction of the budget by eliminating Republicans as a whole.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I'm down with that sentiment. IMHO, if you support Trump, you're either a racist or you at least condone/tolerate racism. You're definitely a moron. I've been defriended by people on FB for saying this, but I don't care. If you hate Hillary, that doesn't mean you have to support Trump. You don't have the support anyone.

JackReacher likes this.
  12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see how pundits like Erickson, Podhertz and (gulp) Kristol and received after this thing ends. They have shown some stones, I'll say. (Kristol had no credibility to begin with, so he could only go up I guess.) it will be overlooked that they helped create the environment that Trump briefly thrived in, but at least they had a line they drew in the sand.

You would imagine someone like Coulter would be laughed out of every green room in NYC, but she'll probably be more coveted and have a shoddily-written "Hillary did 9/11" book out on Jan. 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.