1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Pansy ass pearl clutching Kumbayah hippies like Daily Kos are WHY LIBS LOSE.

I just hopped over there and guess what are two of the hottest topics in the comments?

1) It's beginning to look "unseemly" and like a "feeding frenzy" to "continue to kick Trump while he's down." "It looks like we're trying to run up the score."

2) It's "unfair" and "sexist" to attack Melania Trump on the immigration or plagiarism stories "because spouses should be off-limits."

Kuuuuuumbayyahhh, Kuuuumbaayyyah!!

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm not going to look, but I'll bet anything those are not the two hottest topics.

old_tony likes this.
  3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'd love to know how Starman would describe this place to someone.

Big Circus likes this.
  4. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Envy of others, and the need to blame someone or something for one's failures in life. For some, chalk it up to mental illness.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Yeah, maybe.

The problem is bigger than them, though. It's nothing short of the problem being the money and the Internet. It is an endless rabbit hole of political clickbait, outright lies, purposeful demonization, you name it. You have Web sites being underwritten and paid for by thinktanks and rich donors to push out garbage daily. You have people who get a charge out of a posture of total defiance. You have a guy running for president who's using sarcasm - that is, insincerity - as a defense.

People don't see "disagreement." They see a hero and a villain. That's purposeful. I'm not sure how it so easily changes. They don't know what's true.

And let's be clear: It's way more the GOP's problem than it is the Democrats' problem to this point. But the Sanders movement indicates it is coming to the Democrats, too.

Riptide likes this.
  7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It's back because the right wing donors, media and blogs bring it back, and most Americans who are weighed down by the Internet just go with what they're told.

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

God forbid we make professors pulling down $500K a year actually teach a class or two.

9. old_tony

Well, I just got back to the computer. I note that much like I said, your post notes that ISIS really started to grow like a cancer the past six years.

10. old_tony

That's a really nice strategy.

Everyone has to abandon Trump for staying outrageous things. No one should abandon Hillary for DOING outrageous things.

11. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I am really, really, really skeptical that there's an epidemic of college professors making anything in the vicinity of $500,000.

12. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Only two professors make more than $300K, and guess which departments the highest-paid professors are in? I suspect it's one of those bastions of left-wing thought.

#oldtonyreality

It's funny when o_t claims people aren't pulling their weight, since he's either jobless or not doing the job he's being paid to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.