1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I don't believe it's a real plan, either, just like I think Trump's "we'll crush ISIS but thumb our nose entirely at nation building!" is not a plan, either. I also don't believe we're gonna tariff the shit out of American companies' China-made products so our phones can be made in America and cost twice as much.

There are no plan-based reasons for voting for Trump. There's no particular reason for any conservative to vote for him, as Trump is not a social conservative and his economic plan is just short of protectionism.

They're voting for him because they have been groomed to vote for him.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

A real plan is Barack taking everyone's guns, silly.

LongTimeListener and Double Down like this.
  3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

You think that's great, just wait for Congress After Dark, when things get really crazy.
    That 22nd Amendment sucks. It's gone.
    United States of America? Child, please. "People's Republic of Barackastan" sounds so much hipper.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Are there any other voting blocs, perhaps on the Democratic side, that have been "groomed"?

old_tony likes this.
  5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I seriously doubt this. Reid is way too much a fan of Senate tradition. Only if they simply refused to confirm any nominee for the court would it come to that. And then we'd get to hear a lot of rage about how Dems were violating the Constitution by people who seem to think filibustering is in the Constitution.

But I know a guy who will lend them a copy.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Nowhere in the Constitution does it say that every bill the minority introduces has to get sixty votes to enable it to go to the floor to be approved by a majority. I hope that nonsense gets turned around on them, or better still done away with altogether.

7. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

In my experience, you're wrong. I know an awful lot of "social conservatives" who won't touch Il Douché with a hundred-foot stick.

On the other hand, the greedy fucks I know who are "fiscally conservative but socially liberal" love Trump.

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I dunno. Not like this. Trump's ideas do not resemble anything the party has been about for as long as I can recall.

By groomed I don't mean "groomed to vote for a Republican." I mean "groomed to vote for the ultimate hateful SOB on the planet." I mean, the celebrated "voting bloc" for Trump is an abandoned white lower/middle class that has painkillered itself into a suicidal, drug-addled stupor while America rails against "cultural and intellectual elites" that, way more often than not, push the nation forward.

Conservative America is a party of anger and existential misery. Trump is the fulfillment of 25 years of insisting America was awful and falling into an abyss.

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. Mr. Sunshine

Well, liberals are never happy either, so maybe it's an American thing.

HanSenSE and old_tony like this.
  10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

There are social conservatives - more young than old - who won't vote for Trump. But that group of folks is moving in the direction of sitting out elections, pouting, smoking pipes, riding fixies, wearing graphic tees and eating $17 local source meals.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

HC likes this.
  12. Mr. Sunshine

Whole Foods Conservative? That's a scary thought.

old_tony likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.