1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Fundamentally, the US has gone from "what have I done to provide a solution?" to "that's wrong". That's my biggest complaint about my country.

There's this huge push (and now acceptance) of criticizing everyone and everything; "look at how they dress"; "they should not have done X"; but no one proffers any real solutions.

Negative ads? Its all BS that people feed on, but there's no substance there. What would you have done differently, not now, but then?

Benghazi? Some people died, horrible. Oh so easy to criticize, but what would you have done had you been in that position at that very time with the information at hand THEN, not in hindsight?

You mock HRC's work on the ground? That's real work during that time of her life, independent of what came after. Go ahead and mock it, but look in the mirror and be honest with what you've done to help ANYONE, EVER, then see if you have a right to mock/judge.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

3. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

And "sometimes" is putting it diplomatically. I believe qtlaw is the current board leader in incoherent sentences.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
    Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

SJ Politics book club suggestion ...

I just finished Sebastian Junger's book "Tribe: On Homecoming and Belonging." It was very interesting - especially the parts about how a sense of belonging (having a tribe) improves mental health. For example, suicide rates, first-time visits to psychiatrists, first-time prescriptions for anxiety meds and violent crime plunged in NYC after 9/11. The people there had a common experience and a newfound sense of togetherness.

He dealt mostly with the impacts of soldiers returning from war and how our hollow "Support The Troops" efforts (Hi NFL!) might actually serve to make PTSD worse as they don't let our military really reintegrate into society. They are constantly reminded we and they are different.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Another body blow from the Clinton campaign:

TowelWaver likes this.
  6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So, do you think there's a hidden Trump vote, that isn't showing up in polls?

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

According to 538, Texas is barely in the top five of states to flip.

It would be Arzina, then Georgia, South Carolina, then Missouri, the Texas

In the nowcast, it's South Carolina, Missouri, Utah, South Dakota then Texas

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

He can win West Virginia by burning couches as well.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

No, I think they are more than happy to tell pollsters that they are voting for him. And I do know people who are openly supporting him. Just not people I would consider in my inner-circle at this time.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.