1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

No. I believe that one was grounded on a series of falsehoods.

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

It was a rhetorical question.

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

The man sat in silence. He drank his whisky neat. A bullfight was unfolding before him and it was good. The matador had blood on his sword. It would not be long now.

The man sipped his drink. He had not made love to a woman in three days and he was restless. He had been busy. A deal with the Iranians was close to being complete. Like the matador, it had been bloody. There would be pallets of cash. It was not ransom. It was the price of being the good guy.

He sipped the last of his whisky and pulled out his phone. The reporters were nearing deadline.

4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

If only liberals would stop ignoring "the price of being the good guy."

old_tony likes this.
  5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/06/o...lick&contentCollection=Opinion&pgtype=article

"MOSCOW — Fifteen years ago, a few months into his presidency, Vladimir V. Putin told Larry King on CNN that his previous job as a K.G.B. officer had been like that of a journalist. “They have the same purpose of gathering information, synthesizing it and presenting it for the consumption of decision makers,” he said. Since then, he has excelled at using the media to consolidate power inside Russia and, increasingly, to wage an information war against the West.

So the apparent hacking by Russian security services of the Democratic National Committee emails, followed by their publication by WikiLeaks, should come as no great surprise to Americans. It is only the latest example of how Mr. Putin uses information as a weapon. And the Kremlin has cultivated ties with WikiLeaks for years.

It has also used disinformation in its annexation of Crimea and in its war in Ukraine, launched cyberattacks on Finland and the Baltic States, and planted hoax stories in Germany to embarrass Angela Merkel. During the Cold War, the Kremlin interfered in American politics for decades. The K.G.B.’s so-called active measures — subversion, media manipulations, forgery and the financing of some “peace” organizations — lay at the heart of Soviet intelligence."

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Oh trust me, we recognize the price. The price is being the relentlessly attacked by partisan media and cowardly congressmen for being the adults who have to try and clean up after chickhawk soulless power barons with close ties to the oil industry spill a ton of blood in the Middle East in the name of fake nation building, and then try to say "Liberals did this."

The price is having to comfort the families of dead kids over and over and over because people interested in profit over common sense have convinced people that James Madison would have thought muskets and AR-15s are the same thing.

The price is having to go to federal court, over and over again, because the same people who keep saying "Get over it" when it comes to slavery are still arguing, without shame or subtext, that they'd like to figure out ways to suppress African American turnout.

We recognize the price all too well.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I would like proof that this came from the Russian government. Because from what I know from cyber defense, long before the political aspects of recent news cropped up, is that there are many systems in Russia that allow anyone in the world to spoof their real identity. Thus, the actual hackers could be from anywhere in the world (including our very own US Intelligence Communities), and the trail only goes back to Russia.

I am therefore not convinced this is Russia or Putin. It could be anyone. I am sure Putin doesn't mind the credit though.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

America has a severe "Ouch! I stubbed my toe! Fucking Putin!" problem.

Too bad for us we couldn't fuck with their 2000 election like we did in 1996, when our puppet almost drove the nation into ruins.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Only two polls of likely voters have come out in the last week, Reuters/Ipsos and LA Times/USC.

The Times/USC poll has it tied. The Reuters poll has it at less than three points.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Hillary's bounce has hit a wall. No surprise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.