1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Retard is offensive.

I don't feel inclined to defend or denounce the things Starman says, nor should people on thee right feel inclined to answer for Tony.

Are we good here?

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

It was only referenced numerous times afterward. Do you not read YF's posts? Don't give me that "Nobody reads his posts" nonsense.

3. Mr. Sunshine

Yeah, God forbid anyone around here offered their thoughts on something they feel strongly about. But I'm happy to shame you into almost saying something worthwhile.

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I understand why that kind of language is particularly offensive to you, and I agree it's fucking awful. If I were you, I'd want to punch Starman in the face if he said that standing next to me in a bar. But if you want to have these debates here, which I enjoy as well, it makes little sense to expect us to "answer for" the things the most extreme among us say. I do not speak for all liberals, nor do all speak for me. You can feel free to continue to try and "shame me" for things that I type, if that's what you believe is happening here.

5. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

We're not Team Lefty vs Team Righty here.

I bristle when I see someone post "you lefties" or "you Dems."

We're a group of individuals with various opinions across multiple issue-spectrums who meet in a forum on the Internet to discuss politics.

6. Mr. Sunshine

Also, and I'm not just saying this because o_t is padding my like stats (Watch your back, LTL!), but he is in no way equivalent to Starman. The next time o_t calls for the assassination or suicide of Hillary Clinton or goes on any number of almost daily profanity-laced misogynistic rants, then we can start talking equivalency. Until the, a little perspective.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

You might have to wait your turn. I hear there's usually a line. Unless he's got his badass brother with him ...

old_tony and SpeedTchr like this.
  8. Mr. Sunshine

Do you bristle when someone posts "right-wingers," "you Republicans," "teabaggers," etc.?

old_tony and YankeeFan like this.
  9. Mr. Sunshine

All I ask is that we use a little creativity in insulting one another.

10. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Gleefully posting about the death of Muslims in Mecca was just something someone fells strongly about. The toady is at least subtle about it.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

My eyes glossed over the whole thing.

I wish I could say you are better than tired "but you said X was bad and didn't say anything every single time someone said it" low-level spew that some people think counts as discourse, but I honestly don't.

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

It is my understanding that there are several parents of special needs children around here. Therefore, regardless of what O_T (or another) has or has not posted, to use the word "retard" as @Starman has is despicable. Further, as @Starman has long proffered that a man is what a man says, it seems only fair to judge @Starman as a human being by his own standard.

Big Circus, old_tony, JC and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.