1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Sbe's not Nixon. Too conventional. My guess is that like her husband, she'll surf the tenor of the times as best she can. That tenor is way more left than it used to be, however. But by and large she will be a normal pol doing normal pol things.

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I have a new goal in life - to be called a dickhead by Moddy.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Ah, don't give Moddy all the good parts.

Vombatus likes this.
  4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Is that the Bill Clinton who left office with a 63% approval rating?

5. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Approval ratings not a good gauge of good presidencies. His repeal of glass stegal put in motion the 2008 financial meltdown. His crime bill wrecked a generation of African Americans. Approval ratings show how people had their head in the sand.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  6. Starman

Of course GOP pizzle down economics, trillion dollar deficits, diving head first into Iraq, etc etc, had nothing to do with it.

7. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

2008 does not happen without repeal of glass stegal

8. Starman

And a lot of other stupid decisions/ policies.

9. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I'm done here (this thread). Tipping Point came off-thread last night when I was invited to a dinner with some tenuous acquaintances. As I sat there eating my Caesar salad, listening to all eight people glorifying Trump, biting my tongue hard, I finally realized "who needs this shit?" My blood pressure is high enough already.

Lugnuts likes this.
  10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Never forget, sparky ...

[​IMG]

11. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Yeah, I can't imagine being surrounded by people who glorify politicians I don't support. I'd definitely run away.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

No, but politeness goes a long way. "Retard" is as offensive as several other words which are now commonly referred to by their first initial. Granted that in general it is that offensive to a smaller percentage of society at large, but it is commonly agreed upon as one of those words that needs to be retired from circulation. You could just as easily said "stupid", "idiot", or another such word descriptive of intellectual shortcomings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.