1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

It is my belief that the devil will not have him, leaving him in an awkward purgatory.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Sounds a whole lot like subsidies for wind and solar energy. Only not as much was lost in Iraq.

3. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

College applications require the parents medical histories and are signed under the pains and penalties of perjuries?

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So, you have 3rd party candidates pulling in around 13% of the vote? That sounds high to me.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'm trying to stay on the conservative side, but it is a five-candidate race now, right?

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Been busy all morning, has the questioning about Hillary's health due to a photo from February blown over yet? If so, what silliness has replaced it?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
    HanSenSE likes this.
  7. YankeeFan

Sure, but if it's 40%-37%, it could still be a big electoral win for Clinton, but would be closer on a percentage basis than the last two elections.

It would also be a startlingly low percentage for Clinton.

What percentage 3rd party candidates get is a big unknown.

Right now, Trump is only winning about 75% of Republicans. If that vote comes home, the race gets much tighter, and Trump is over 40%.

8. YankeeFan

Without looking, do you remember the name of the latest entrant?

I'm not sure he's a factor outside of Utah, and he likely only draws away from Johnson, if we assume he's the candidate of #NeverTrump.

The 3rd party vote is a certain size. I don't think a new candidate grows it much.

dixiehack likes this.
  9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

McMillen?

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I agree that more Republicans "will come home." But I think you're leaving out the historical inaccuracy that polls have had when predicting Hispanic vote; they usually err on the low side.

That's why Trump will finish with 40 percent of the vote, max.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I love how you are setting the terms such that a landslide victory for Clinton is still a loss.

I think I want her to win for the same reason that I want Tiger Woods to win. Extend my youth just a little longer.

X-Hack likes this.
  12. YankeeFan

Dave Weigh debunked it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.