1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I've seen quite a few deranged Dems during this election cycle. Not as many as Republicans by several orders of magnitude, but they are out there.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It's a shame the slack-jawed mouthbreathers on the right exert such influence as to cause a newspaper to waste time debunking stupid memes.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

46 percent (vs 49 percent Clinton). The world is a depressing place and people are amazingly brand loyal. There may or may not be a correlation.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I say Trump at 39, Clinton between 50 and 52. I don't think he's done pushing away voters by any means. And I don't see how the debates help him -- either he does them and looks like the raving lunatic he is, or he doesn't do them and looks like a chickenshit.

5. LongTimeListener

Clinton up to 86.6 percent on 538, BTW.

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Imagine a third debate where he has listened to Ryan and Manafort and played it straight for the first two and is still down 8-10 points and taking calls from Roger Stone. Imagine the vile vomit of conspiracies he'll unleash in desperation.

There is no chance we've seen the worst of Trump yet.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It's only Monday. Like I said, some bullshit from March will come up next week. Be patient.

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Yes, but that's chances of election, not predicted percentage of public votes or electoral votes. Those would be dramatically closer.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

From the NYT:

50 G.O.P. Officials Warn Donald Trump Would Put Nation’s Security ‘at Risk’
    http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/08/0...-security-gop-donald-trump.html?_r=1&referer=

Here's the lede:

Fifty of the nation’s most senior Republican national security officials, many of them former top aides or cabinet members for President George W. Bush, have signed a letter declaring that Donald J. Trump “lacks the character, values and experience” to be president and “would put at risk our country’s national security and well-being.”

Mr. Trump, the officials warn, “would be the most reckless president in American history.”

And the full letter:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/08/08/us/politics/national-security-letter-trump.html

10. LongTimeListener

Um, yes. Neither I nor 538 was predicting that Hillary would get 86.6 percent of the vote.

But thanks.

YankeeFan and cranberry like this.
  11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Makes sense.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I'll say Trump gets 44 percent. I can't picture too many Republicans wanting to vote for Hillary. I think she gets 49 percent, which is just enough for Republicans to gloat that she didn't get a majority.

Johnson will get 4 percent, Stein and anyone else gets 3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.